Nothing in Elk City, Oklahoma. Someone has literally told me "turn those pokemon sounds down"... You knocked the nail on the head there.

UK

Doesnt seem to be in anything in Yorkshire, UK, there was a night in manchester that i missed last year, which if it happens again, i will definitely be attending

IL, US
SailodeGrenn wrote:

As far as I know I'm the only guy in MN that's into chipmusic. Not that would expect anything different from Minnesota. Garbage truck of a state. Someday I want to move to like Nevada or something. One day....

untrue. he's not really doing chip stuff these days (more modular synth stuff), but Low-gain is in the Twin Cities and Cryptosystem is in Mankato, i think. it's been years, but there were a handful of pretty good sized chip gigs up there in the past in the twin cities and out at The Garage in Burnsville

Salt Lake City, UT

Salt Lake City, Utah... There's me, Conquer Monster and Volt44. OK Ikumi had a chiptune phase but friends tell me he's moved on from that and doesn't really do chip anymore.

Conquer Monster is cool and enjoying good success, in fact they're putting on a collaboration with the SLC Municipal Ballet Co. tonight and tomorrow night employing ballet/modern dance along with thier music and visuals. One guy plays C64 (Cynthcart I think) and GB Color (not sure what software) and the other plays old-school synths like Moog and MicroKorg.

Utah
toasterpastries wrote:

Salt Lake City, Utah... There's me, Conquer Monster and Volt44. OK Ikumi had a chiptune phase but friends tell me he's moved on from that and doesn't really do chip anymore.

Conquer Monster is cool and enjoying good success, in fact they're putting on a collaboration with the SLC Municipal Ballet Co. tonight and tomorrow night employing ballet/modern dance along with thier music and visuals. One guy plays C64 (Cynthcart I think) and GB Color (not sure what software) and the other plays old-school synths like Moog and MicroKorg.

Keaton/Theta Frost also currently lives in Provo. And catskull, but I'm not actually sure how much music he makes. He makes awesome gear, though.

NUMBSKULL
toasterpastries wrote:

One guy plays C64 (Cynthcart I think) and GB Color (not sure what software)

That guy is Joshua and he uses LSDJ with a PS/2 keyboard.

The Laohu wrote:

And catskull, but I'm not actually sure how much music he makes. He makes awesome gear, though.

heart heart heart

USA
e.s.c. wrote:
SailodeGrenn wrote:

As far as I know I'm the only guy in MN that's into chipmusic. Not that would expect anything different from Minnesota. Garbage truck of a state. Someday I want to move to like Nevada or something. One day....

untrue. he's not really doing chip stuff these days (more modular synth stuff), but Low-gain is in the Twin Cities and Cryptosystem is in Mankato, i think. it's been years, but there were a handful of pretty good sized chip gigs up there in the past in the twin cities and out at The Garage in Burnsville

Nice! Glad to know I'm not entirely a loner here! Wish the scene would pick up more...it's so hard to get your name out around here.

IL, US

well Low-gain is still playing shows pretty regularly, best bet would be to stop by one of them if you can and say hi. if that's not an option, hit him up online through his facebook artist page

Milwaukee, WI
The Laohu wrote:
toasterpastries wrote:

Keaton/Theta Frost also currently lives in Provo. And catskull, but I'm not actually sure how much music he makes. He makes awesome gear, though.

Yo yo, let me know when there's a show.

Easton, PA, USA

There's at least one other lurking in the shadows, so not too many shows, bit of a noise scene, but people dig the chips when they here em.

I actually live in Kampala, so... yeah, the scene doesn't exist at all. I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who even knows what an NES or a Gameboy is.

UK, Leicester

posted September 27, 2014 1:10 am

Alpine wrote:

pretty sure that about a year and a half ago, I posted about how there was no chip scene where I lived, and me and forabrokenearth discussed how shit leicester is.

nothings changed.

nothings changed

Plantation, Florida

It's shit. Literally me and two other dudes here in SFL that actively try and play shows. I miss half of them since I'm only 20 and they don't want to run into legal issues with me entering bars and such despite us not being there as customers.

Brunswick, GA USA

It's a shame considering how it was in 2006

oklahoma

It's crazy good here! Literally being crushed by piles of cash for playing chiptune dance music to enthusiastic crowds of brilliant young people offering me free sex and all of their drugs. Everyone move to oklahoma and get rich and fat just from picking up my scraps.