Fargo

Fargo, ND.  I met a guy a while back who was on 8bc from here.  Can't find him anymore.  So, as far as I know, it's just me.

Milwaukee Area, WI

I've been kicking around the idea of getting a small loft somewhere in Milwaukee where I can run shows for the DIY and Demo scene musicians.

Godzilladelph
boaconstructor wrote:
SKGB wrote:

that sounds like a whole lotta fucking fun!

I sorta love it. Man you gotta see the footage of Orbital Strike's set from this last Saturday! They're rockin that whole balls-to-the-wall-LSDJ-chipbass thing, I'd imagine it was right on up your alley

wooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

South Dakota

In south dakota?

rochester, ny
jbuonacc wrote:

when i started doing it in '03/04 (?), there was nobody else in Rochester that i knew of that was even aware of 'chip music'. i worked a GameBoy with Nanoloop into a few electronic live sets that i did at the time, i'm not sure if anyone knew what to make of it or if they even noticed. i ended up just dabbling a bit after that and sort of losing interest after a while, never really pushed it.

a few guys here have since built a half-way decent scene (i think?), but i haven't met them or tried to be a part of it at all. it all seems a bit of an indie rock/chip mix though, not quite my thing. i don't know if there's any "pure" chip artists around here. either way, i'm happy to see what they've accomplished. way cool.

dude! come hang! we just had an open mic and there were at least 3 pure chiptune acts.

Rochester, NY

i was thinking about it, but i was busy Friday night. i'd like to check out more shows if you guys keep doing them. went to one last summer at the Bug Jar which was pretty cool.

バード大学

At home, there's nobody who actually does shows, but there are tiny murmurs. At college, it's very slightly larger than that. Saw a show in an off-campus basement, and one of the bands was doin' some Narwhalz type shit.

Adelaide, Australia

In Australia, it's terrible, especially in Adelaide. The is a few artists in Melbourne, but that's about it

killadelphia
boaconstructor wrote:

3 deep right now and it doesn't look as though it is going to slow down.

I get to see Electric Children & MCFiredrill & Ovenrake & Turtlesaur & Orbital Strike & Deepearth.void & Live Animals & Awesomecat & other awesome people play frequently and it's rad.

this looks pretty rad.  is there an XBit live stream?

Gosford, Australia
Tken A.D. wrote:

In Australia, it's terrible, especially in Adelaide. The is a few artists in Melbourne, but that's about it

It's definitely not terrible, but very geographically sparse and afaik exclusive to the southern/eastern states - I can't think of a single chip artist from WA or NT but then again I'm still pretty new to this jam.

hardcore, Australia
Tken A.D. wrote:

Hang on there. Do you remember we had that thing earlier in the year, what was it? Burp? Bop? Blip?
You're in Adelaide. Home of DOCTOR CHIPTUNE SCALE.
Dragon derp genius abrasive is Sydney via Melbourne.
Pixelbro Ilija lives here now.
Gentle hurst kills sharks.
10k, Derris Kharlan, dot.ay, abortifacient, Hunz.

We so chiptune famuss.

Plus I we are including general Amiga music, motherfucking nasenbluten.

Victory road: maddest kings and pselodux are both ex-Perth.

Gosford, Australia
godinpants wrote:

oath. Blows my mind every time I remember that they were from Newcastle.

maddest kings and pselodux are both ex-Perth.

ah but that's the thing, isn't it? They're not any more! Presumably because Perth is lame and far away from everything ever.

I've actually never been to perth but my opinion is hella legit, right?

--

Last edited by ioflow (Jan 5, 2017 8:53 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada

Montreal is an awesome place for chipmusic. The Toy Company guys are doing a really great job !!!
The scene in Toronto is nice too...lot of cool guys !!!

Sydney, NSW

The Aussie scene is awesome!
I needed an extra gameboy and ems cart for one night, just for a gig, and people were popping out of nowhere offering me one for the week!

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
godinpants wrote:
Tken A.D. wrote:

Hang on there. Do you remember we had that thing earlier in the year, what was it? Burp? Bop? Blip?
You're in Adelaide. Home of DOCTOR CHIPTUNE SCALE.
Dragon derp genius abrasive is Sydney via Melbourne.
Pixelbro Ilija lives here now.
Gentle hurst kills sharks.
10k, Derris Kharlan, dot.ay, abortifacient, Hunz.

We so chiptune famuss.

Victory road: maddest kings and pselodux are both ex-Perth.

Thought I'd slap in a bit more about the Aus-chip community -

Aus Chip artist directory
Bit out of date, but still interesting to find out more info about local. Add yourself to it.

A four year old list of Australian artists
A lot of these artists have changed a bunch, or are simply inactive... but it proves further that we have shit going on and have for a while.

#GBA "Gigs" tagged blog posts
Here are (currently) 132 Australian artists related gigs/events that are going to happen or have happened in Aus.

-

Should be noted that Melbourne had a micromusic HQ for a while there as well, with future_eater heading things up (if I'm not mistaken). We've had stuff going on over here on-and-off for a while.