))<>((

Sometimes (but not all the time) my noise channel will randomly cut out. It seems to be only on my 'snare' instruments, which usually contain a few transpose commands (about three or four), so I thought it might be a processor issue, but it also happens when playing the noise channel by itself. It doesn't happen on the same note, and sometimes doesn't happen at all.

Here's an example of what it does: http://tacticalbread.info/shit/brokenassnoise.wav

I just recently got myself an LSDJ cart; before I was running LSDJ on my PSP, and I never had this problem then. Running LSDJ 4.0.3 on a DMG-01, and it happens on both of my DMG-01s.

This has me completely baffled.

Anyone else had this problem at all?

Brooklon

I've had this problem on practically every version of LSDJ I've used. I've considered it something you just have to deal with. I've found it usually only happens when I'm using tables that are jam packed with commands combined with certain noise shapes.

Try getting rid of some transpose commands. Use the S command in its place if that works for what you're trying to do.

))<>((

It was just for a snare, so I'll have to experiment to find one that I like using the S command. smile

Thankss.

NSW, Australia

Happens to me often. It's a bitch when you're recording.

venezuela ccs

I upgrade to 4.0.3  in these days and not problem with the N channe!. I have EMS carts, and you?

Chicago IL

ive had that problem a lot, it seems like a table problem more than anything else

))<>((
EBOT wrote:

I upgrade to 4.0.3  in these days and not problem with the N channe!. I have EMS carts, and you?

Yeah, EMS 64MB USB cart.

Nue wrote:

Happens to me often. It's a bitch when you're recording.

Yeah, it really is. I wouldn't really have a problem with it otherwise.

sweden

Hasn't this been there from day one?

))<>((
nordloef wrote:

Hasn't this been there from day one?

I've never had the problem before, as it never happened when I was running LSDJ through MasterBoy, and I just got my LSDJ cart about a week ago.

venezuela ccs

I have EMS carts 32MB (not USB), i´m testing some tables and transposing notes and not problem, maybe the problem is all in 64MB carts?

It's a hardware issue of the DMG it self. Maybe you can try to shape your noise instruments with the 'S' command instead and see if that runs smoother.

sweden
tRasH cAn maN wrote:

It's a hardware issue of the DMG it self. Maybe you can try to shape your noise instruments with the 'S' command instead and see if that runs smoother.

This is what Ive heard to but how come carillon doesn't have the issue with skipping noise tables? Just a thought.

MA

I'm using LSDJ 4.0.2. on a 64m smartcard...w/ a DMG . I have been noticing alot of fuzz or static on the noise channel (any instument) I don't think this has always been a problem for me, it may have just started. I tried putting a K around row 7 in the tables...sometimes does the trick...any other suggestions on ridding that fuzz?

Los Angeles, CA

Simplify your tables as much as possible. For instance, my snare table used to look like this:
0 S01
3 SFE

and then either an H command looping to 4 or a K command at the bottom. I noticed quite of my Snares being skipped in the noise channel, so I started setting the shape of my noise instrument at F0 in the instrument screen, and removing the S01 command from the table. Seems to work better.

I also once read that placing each command in your tables one step below (like in the example above, have the SFE take place on 4 instead of 3, and if using the S01 command it would start on 1, not 0) helps a bit. I've used this method and I agree, it does seem to help slightly for some reason.

MA

Thanks Wizwars! I'm gunna try one of these methods!!

))<>((

Thanks for the tip Wizwars. ;D