babylon

can someone give me a clear description of just what the fack nintendocore is. for years i thought it was a joke word to describe punk music with chip sprinkled on top but lately it seems this a real thing. is it just punk/hardcore inspired chip or does there have to be traditional rock instruments?

mainz, grmny.

Nope, can't explain.
Although I've heard several people labeling us like that. + I've heard several people labeling just the punk chip thing you mentioned like that.

But it seems like Wikipedia has an explanation for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendocore

rochester, ny
Stern Fucking Zeit wrote:

Nope, can't explain.
Although I've heard several people labeling us like that. + I've heard several people labeling just the punk chip thing you mentioned like that.

But it seems like Wikipedia has an explanation for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendocore

hella is considered nintendocore?

Chicago IL, USA

I've always just viewed the word "nintendocore" as a joke that scene kids took seriously and were like "LOL we used square wave leads, must be nintendo!"

can we please not start talking about "what is nintendocore" again guys

but Hella? wtf?!

babylon
an0va wrote:

can we please not start talking about "what is nintendocore" again guys

actually this, sorry guys , dont derail this dudes thread or anything . i got the answer i was looking for.

It's cool walter b. gentle! I just feared pages of another HORSE the band debate again on a sincere topic here to promote releases

montreal, qc

hella gets nintendo brand cross-talk via spencer's work in the advantage.

Holland

After reading the description of your Tumblr, I feel such a fool for spamming my album here. "Nintendocore", wut?

NSW, Australia

Update:

-Changed Background
-Made blog posts look more professional
-Added Stern Fucking Zeit-Demo 11

Last edited by The Sky Is Black Not Blue (Jun 24, 2012 10:39 am)

Holland
The Sky Is Black Not Blue wrote:

Update:

-Changed Background

Damn, just use a gray toned color as background or something.

NSW, Australia
xylo wrote:
The Sky Is Black Not Blue wrote:

Update:

-Changed Background

Damn, just use a gray toned color as background or something.

done tongue

NC in the US of America

I personally like the word "chipcore". I remember somebody using that word on this forum before... I think it sounds much more legit than nintendocore, and doesn't have the jokey connotation.

Just throwing that out there...

Try to actually write reviews about the Releases you post, give some information to the crowd, why it's good or something like that.

mainz, grmny.
SketchMan3 wrote:

I personally like the word "chipcore". I remember somebody using that word on this forum before... I think it sounds much more legit than nintendocore, and doesn't have the jokey connotation.

Just throwing that out there...

Actually it does have the jokey connotation. I think we've been the first ones to actually label ourselves like that a while back (not in a forum though).
Was pretty much the way to not let it sound too dorky, while still kind of make fun of the overused ending "core".
Kind of a mix between these things. Not calling dibs here, make what you want out of it. Never been a friend of the word "Nintendocore" either, though. + never been a friend of genre restrictions. So yeah.

Some funny dude from Belgium who organized a show then referred to us as "Apocalyptic Chipcore and Screamo Shit."

Since then the short version we use is Chipcore + then long one is Apocalyptic Chipcore and Screamo Shit.

The end.

Last edited by Stern Fucking Zeit (Jun 24, 2012 4:29 pm)