Genoa-Italy

Have anyone any advice 'bout these tiny battery amps for street-"chiptuning"? I like Yamaha THR5, anyone had tried it? Thanks!

I don't busk, however I do own a Danelectro Honey Tone.  These are cheap, cheesy little 9 volt battery powered amps.  It puts out some decent sound, so maybe this is something to consider.  I know Smokey Amps and the Pignose 7-100 have a bit of a reputation.

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]

I haven't started busking my chips yet but I find these are perfect:

They're portable, plenty loud, this model is stereo speakers (they have single speaker ones), and cheap. If you're using a modded dmg, oh jeez they get loud.

Not exactly what you were looking for but they're pretty damn useful.

Edit: oh and they have amazing low end. My bass and kicks are killer on them.

Last edited by Auxcide (Aug 14, 2012 7:14 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA

Roland Stereo Cube and Cube Street are popular choices. For guitar I have a Vox DA5 but it colors sound too much for chip and synth sound (to me)

There's also the Roland micro cubes and the keyboard one:

Edinburgh

I also endorse the Roland Microcube for busking purposes. Plus it gives me an excuse to post this:

lawl @ everything in that video.

Detroit, Michigan

omg, I would of slapped that guy with my gameboy lol

Puerto Rico

Best chipbusking. He is having the time of his life omg.

Seattle, WA US

what are you guys talking about he's got mad muhfukkin swag straight out the gate shit

Easton, PA, USA
rygD wrote:

I don't busk, however I do own a Danelectro Honey Tone.  These are cheap, cheesy little 9 volt battery powered amps.  It puts out some decent sound, so maybe this is something to consider.  I know Smokey Amps and the Pignose 7-100 have a bit of a reputation.

I have had all 3 and recommend each.
-Smokey for more quiet situations and really dirty sound, if you need louder a 4x12 cab will work. doubles as a distortion head.No controls.Pocket sized. 2 AA's
-Pignose runs on as many AAs as a gameboy printer, real loud. even has knobs for guitar straps. One knob for volume and power. The case opens with a latch for tone control. Bring a friend and they become your wah pedal. Imagine the Tin Foil Hat Brigade with one guy swinging a box open and shut.
- Honey Tone gets the most work from me though, headphone jack, distortion control, tone knob, and a snazzy belt clip to go with your cool gameboy belt holster.

Chicago

I own a Cube Street. Totally worth the investment. You can get it as loud as you need it to be.
Its a good practice amp for guitarists, as well. Lots of great effects/ amp modeling on it.

FUCK YOU

12v 7 amp hour battery for home security system, charger, inverter, any amp you want.

Louder. Better.

Shepherdstown, WV

I use one of these, they're loud and surprisingly they sound great. I got it from a Walgreens for $10. Runs on 3 AA batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/HYPE-Portable-Ste … B005M5NTUG

Genoa-Italy

Useful answers, thank you guys! I admit that I prefer Pignose, not the 7-100 but maybe his bigger brother, Hog 20 or Hog 30. They seems powerful and cheap compared to Roland Cube Street. Nothing 'bout Yamaha?

Maine
Comptroller wrote:

I also endorse the Roland Microcube for busking purposes. Plus it gives me an excuse to post this:

i wish  i could hear what they where saying in the end that looked hilarious xD