uhajdafdfdfa

what a bout a quite a simple hardware with a simple api that connects to usb to the computer and can be told to read or write anything to/from any pin? does it exist? would it be useful?

Barcelona city - Spain

I understand you nitro... please keep in mind that I'm not expert in gameboy cartridge programming or hardware stuff :-(, I'm just trying ;-)

Plus I don't have any idea of how to build a hardware to flash this beast :-(

I got an email from a japan friend, he mentioned that using a Gameboy Xchanger (parallel port or usb version) will works for flashing this stuff.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

Barcelona city - Spain

Hello again... this japanease website seems to have / selling one original EZ linker: http://www.tea4two.jp/top_product_game_01.php/

big_smile just sent an email to the webmaster big_smile

Sweeeeeeden

Drop 1410, that's the right unit. However, the red text says the product was discontinued in 2005 because of problems with the production.

Why do you wanna use this cart specifically? Can you just take some EMS64 guts and throw them in the case?

Frostbyte wrote:

Why do you wanna use this cart specifically? Can you just take some EMS64 guts and throw them in the case?

Yeah, but where's the challenge in that tongue

Sweeeeeeden

It's an existing and working flash cartridge, plus it doesn't have some of the problems the EMS has, mainly high power consumption. I mean, why throw away a perfectly fine flash cartridge. (Again, you need to figure out how to program the damn thing, but I may be on my way to doing that.

Barcelona city - Spain

Frostbyte, I'm currently using BleepBloop USB cartridges for music production. This is a challenge to make usable a good flash cartridge from the nintendo story ;-).

Thanks nitro2k01... Check the MOOTAN website... http://mootan.hg.to/fmgbx/ez_fmgbx.html

There's lot of active links with the software and other resources for development. Any help you'll need, let me know!

Thanks!

Barcelona city - Spain

NITRO check this out: http://ayasuke.exblog.jp/13276060/

Scroll down, and you will see the guy flasshing the GBx with this Hong Kong 2.52 adapter.

Last edited by DROP 1410 (Aug 18, 2012 6:08 pm)

Oh sweet, sounds good smile honestly I'd like to have one if it worked smile

Barcelona city - Spain

;-)

Barcelona city - Spain

WOW, look at this:

I WANT!!!!!! tongue

Barcelona city - Spain

Hello nitro2k01 ;-), any progress about a modern method to flash these guys? meanwhile I got an old Bung Xchanger from a friend in Barcelona + a copy of the FlashManager software 1.10. Just curious to try and flash my GBx cartridge using this old hardware but I'll must use a PC computer with win XP for better results.

On the other hand I want to share this info with you (maybe you'll know about this but it's a cool info back in 1998-1999 and regarding how costumers used this kind of cartridges/cassettes)... so here we go:

In this website: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2000/06/01/t … experience you will able to read a cool post about: "The Lawsons Experience In Japan, you can purchase Game Boy games in a whole new way. We gave it a test-run."

I would want to have one of those LOPPI machines in my room hahahaha... here's a picture of the LOPPI kind of ATM machine people used to flash their GBx or SFx cartridge / cassettes:

You can see the two different slots to insert the SFx (super nintendo games cassette) and the GBx (Gameboy flash cartridge).

Also a picture of the screen menu from the LOPPI machine:

big_smile

Hey there,

i recently got a Nintendo Power Cartridge in my hands and tried to flash it with the Altane by ASM.
However, while the Cartridge get's detected and it's possible to dump the rom, it can not be flashed.
Since i don't know how the support for a updated Altane Software currently is handled, is there a proofed method to flash them?
And would it even work with LSDJ, cause of that 1/8 RAM going for the menu?