New York City

You only need to go to http://www.vjcentral.com and its forum associate, http://www.vjforums.com
It is the original VJ hub on the Intarwebs.
You'll find plenty of posts by me,  dated back to 2003 or something xD

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 15, 2010 8:35 pm)

Eanske, Holland

I couldn't give a hoot what people use.As long as it suits the purpose.
And everyone and their mom can download vj software from a torrent site,
it's what you do with it and sets you apart from the rest that matters.
topic closed ? wink

Eanske, Holland

hah what do you know ^_^ turns out my ex b.a.m.b.i. member Jonathan posted some old work of us.
http://vimeo.com/6120062  it's me and sjors (the other c-men) and him doing this pong installation vid.

Central Pennsyltucky
poke-1,170 wrote:

topic closed ? wink

That's not going to stop me from trying to help people who are learning.

New York City
vblank wrote:
poke-1,170 wrote:

topic closed ? wink

Julian's advice is equally helpful FoR someone who starts up.Let's also keep in mind his 10+ years of experience ;D
Usually the newbie VJ is fooled into thinking they need a shit ton of hardware/software crap to begin with and this is a load of crap.
The content is king and is what gives you the edge (read: Enso, a new kid on the block, but already turning heads thanks to good content), so people should focus in content production.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 15, 2010 10:12 pm)

Eanske, Holland
vblank wrote:
poke-1,170 wrote:

topic closed ? wink

Agreed, me neither. Just saying that people shouldn't be mislead by software or hardware,
but find something unique instead. Way too often (and this is not just the case with visuals but
with music too), people think that having a program like ableton guarantees quality.
In the end as you know it all comes down to what you do with it. As some old guy who was running
our artschool's equipment service said: it's not about 2d or 3d, but about idea.
Cracks me up still, and all too true wink

as for trying to help people, I've been giving loads of workshops and lectures for the past 10 years,
in Holland and abroad, teaching kids in school and organized 3 vj battles in Holland the past decade,
so I think that's a fair contribution to the scene. And too bad that I couldn't give them for blip, I've offered
it every time.

Last edited by poke-1,170 (Jan 15, 2010 10:58 pm)

Eanske, Holland
akira^8GB wrote:
vblank wrote:

Julian's advice is equally helpful FoR someone who starts up.Let's also keep in mind his 10+ years of experience ;D
Usually the newbie VJ is fooled into thinking they need a shit ton of hardware/software crap to begin with and this is a load of crap.
The content is king and is what gives you the edge (read: Enso, a new kid on the block, but already turning heads thanks to good content), so people should focus in content production.

Yeah kudo's to Enso indeed, I like the guy's animation skills (wish I had them). It's just that more and more stuff starts looking (or sounding)
like everyone else, and usually software can be a deciding factor in it. Stuff sounding the same since everyone using the glitch vst for instance, or all using the same after effects effect. Instead I think the individual should find their own way and not pay too much attention
to what's being offered. The last thing you want are people veejjaying with a lot of manga or star wars or street fighter 2 stuff wink

Philly/NY
poke-1,170 wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Yeah kudo's to Enso indeed, I like the guy's animation skills (wish I had them). It's just that more and more stuff starts looking (or sounding)
like everyone else, and usually software can be a deciding factor in it. Stuff sounding the same since everyone using the glitch vst for instance, or all using the same after effects effect. Instead I think the individual should find their own way and not pay too much attention
to what's being offered. The last thing you want are people veejjaying with a lot of manga or star wars or street fighter 2 stuff wink

Wow, thanks guys! That means so much coming from such legendary artists like yourselves!

Eanske, Holland

legendary in our own homes yeah tongue

New York City
enso wrote:

Wow, thanks guys! That means so much coming from such legendary artists like yourselves!

Sure, but don't rest, you got a long way to go to pass from putting your stuff on screen to be a VJ smile

New York, NY
poke-1,170 wrote:

as for trying to help people, I've been giving loads of workshops and lectures for the past 10 years,
in Holland and abroad, teaching kids in school and organized 3 vj battles in Holland the past decade,
so I think that's a fair contribution to the scene. And too bad that I couldn't give them for blip, I've offered
it every time.

ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!! NEED TO ATTEND!

Middlesbrough, UK

me too, poke, you got any workshops in english, as im about 40 min away from the newcastle amsterdam ferry terminal