Unsubscribe
Theta_Frost wrote:

I don't know if you'd be interested in this sort of thing, but I know there is a lot of interest around MIDI solutions for LGPT on the Dingoo and PSP handhelds.

+8

WOW MAN!

MIDI/sync solution for the NES - NTRQ needs it! NEEEEEEDS.....

(ok a bit selfish but I get enough people asking me so it's definitely a wanted item....)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
scienceguy8 wrote:

2. Gorf sequencer: another open-source AVR-based music device developed by a fellow named Paul living in the UK.  He's done some great work, but looking at his PCBs, I noticed they use parts that are a little tricky to find here in the States.  Redo the boards with a few modifications for easier-to-obtain parts and a more readily available case (his uses a custom laser-cut polycarb enclosure) and a few more North Americans can see this puppy in action.  Problem is I really don't feel like doing another "improve on someone else's idea" project.  It feels too much like cheating.

And if i am reading correctly from his site...
it's protected under the GPLv3
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/quick-guide-gplv3.html

this means if you release a modified version of these files, you must release the code/revisions to the public as well.

You can get the acrylic cases from Chris via emailing him (PM me for his address). He cuts to order. Really nice guy! smile

The only thing i can see what would be a little tricky to get would be the pushbuttons. but i think even those might be obtainable via Mouser/Digikey. i haven't looked up the manufacturer.

The 1 thing i would change on his design is the PSU circuit and connector. Other then that it's a great little sequencer! Paul did a great job.
I dont see much more reason to modify this. everything is on his website for users to build them DIY style.

SO perhaps moving on to a different project is in order. smile Let us chat in private on some ideas.. perhaps we can do some joint efforts.

Carbondale, IL

Project selected: none of the above.

I'm going to be working on a research project with my school's IEEE chapter.  We're going to be connecting an accelerometer to a glove and an Arduino, the Arduino will pass accelerometer measurements to a computer running Pure Data (the free, open-source equivalent of Max), and Pure Data will then perform musical commands in response.  For instance, a bongo beat motion with your hand will generate a drum strike sound, its volume dependent on the strength of the air slap.

San Francisco

awwwwwww much 2 late....

Last edited by wedanced (Apr 17, 2010 6:30 pm)