Hello, I'm new here, some of you may have heard of Chipsune!, but for the ones that haven't, it is a tracker I have coded for the GBA. It supports a lot of features right now, and the GBA version is free (I MIGHT port it to some other devices in the future). Anyways, I'd like to get some feedback, and if you have any questions or glitch reports, let me know! Also, you don't need to like the page to download it, but it's always nice to :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chipsune/124212437700974

Here are some features:
-Use the 4 channels (Pulse 1&2, Wave and Noise)
-Save a maximum of 64 songs (if they fit in the save file)
-L/R menus for quick actions like copy, paste, and transposing all notes on a page
-Change colors for background, regular text, and each of the 4 channels can be set as a color
-Set key signature, so keys of the current key you set will be a different color
-Table editing (basically where you make an instrument)
-Visual waveform editor
-Pitch bending in tables

This video is a little out dated, but here is a song from Pokemon I remade in an older version of Chipsune!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Ym10mhQY0

Last edited by FroggestSpirit (Sep 5, 2012 11:43 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

Yes, glad you made it to the forum!  I really like this project and see great things ahead!

Thank you! I have already started on a port for the DS, but I'm not sure when it will be finished, and If I do get it finished, I'd like to try and release it on the E-shop for DSI and 3DS (if that's even plausible). But with enough feedback, I might update the GBA one a little more

Austin, Texas

Very cool! I'm glad you're still actively developing! I haven't really played with many of the GBA programs that are available right now, but I'm glad to see the resources growing and growing. smile

Chicago IL

so wait is m4g still the only one that utilizes the directsound channels? ugh when is he gonna finish that

Gosford, Australia

this looks really cool!

Bratislava, Slovakia

If you made it for Nintendo 3DS, then maybe it is worth to purchase, but you must develop emulation because 3DS is also ordinary PCM player not?

Joliette, QC, Canada
FroggestSpirit wrote:

and If I do get it finished, I'd like to try and release it on the E-shop for DSI and 3DS (if that's even plausible).

A tracker in the e-shop...that would be awesome !!!

Toronto

if you throw it in the e-shop nintendo won't let you keep the homebrew version in existence. colors! for ds got dropped as soon as the 3DS version for e-shop was made official

just sayin'

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I do not understand. It is a tracker for the GBA that uses the standard GB capabilities?. I readed somewhere that you can't access to the internal Z80 using a GBA game, because there is a hardware lock in the cartridge socket. Or it is a GBA tracker that uses the GBA chip to make a sound like the old Z80?.

Sydney, NSW
Delek wrote:

I readed somewhere that you can't access to the internal Z80 using a GBA game, because there is a hardware lock in the cartridge socket. Or it is a GBA tracker that uses the GBA chip to make a sound like the old Z80?.

I don't know if that's true or not. I've been playing through Fire Emblem for the last few weeks and I noticed a bunch of z80 sound generation (noise channel rumbling, simple square waves, etc).

Granted, it was on an emulator. But it still used what I'm 99% sure was a (emulated) z80 chip's sound capabilities.

Austin, Texas

I don't know a lot about the GBA spec, but I am under the impression that there is a "hardware lock" that activates the CGB processor on boot instead of the GBA processor when you put in a DMG or CGB game.

Chicago IL

there are GBA games that use the 4 GB channels along with the 2 Directsound channels.

Chicago IL

and here are those songs with the Directsound channels muted
A Total War
Offense and Defense

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Saskrotch wrote:

and here are those songs with the Directsound channels muted
A Total War
Offense and Defense

Awesome.
Excited for m4g as well.

Chicago IL