Wow! lot's of replies! Well, to my knowledge, the Z80 is the processor for the GameBoy, not necessarily the sound processor. As for the DS version, DS supports 6 Square Pulses, and 2 noise channels (as well as other stuff) But they lack Envelope control (which i will code in myself). I figured that I might have to discontinue the homebrew version if I got it to E-Shop, but I'd be fine with that... I'm just hoping that Nintendo would allow importing and exporting files to the SD card... because I'd like to add stuff like Midi import and WAV export. Maybe even use the mic to record 8-bit samples.

Austin, Texas

The Game Boy has no specific sound chip, it is all done by the modified GBZ80 processor.

Looks Great!

Work on the Nintendo DS has started. I FINALLY found out how to load files from the SD card (I'm sure saving can't be too hard.) Although, I have another slight problem... Emulating the GameBoy's Noise channel. I got the other 3 working, but... ehh, I'll get it somehow.

NES GB land

Question, has anyone mirrored the latest version of chipsune? the download link doesn't work anymore.

Lake Titicaca

Does it have accurate BPM or framerate based speed?