Brooklyn

i wasnt offended or anything and i do go to shows but rarely cause im busy in music or in high school

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
dw33baz01d wrote:

yeah I want the Launchpad to trigger effects

Chainsaw Police wrote:

If you want to use the Launchpad to control the Gameboy's playing in real-time, then yeah you'll need MIDI.
Otherwise you can use the Launchpad as a way to trigger effects and shit, like 10k mentioned Dot.AY doing. There's so much you can do with a DAW and controller interface - get creative!

Using some of the ideas expressed in this video, specifically about effects, you could set up plenty of effects to run with a live gameboy signal running through a soundcard or however you usually record.

Youtube has lots of vids on this stuff. You could find a better one quite quickly.

Brooklyn

Yeah I'm Gonna buy the SYNTHBOY+ (which has RCA Outputs) and hook the SynthBOY+ to the speakers and the RCA plugs from my soundcard into the speaker as well and just play like that. Am i Missing Anything? Shoud I go with the Arduino Boy.? But How Do I use the Arduino Boy?

10k wrote:
dw33baz01d wrote:

yeah I want the Launchpad to trigger effects

Using some of the ideas expressed in this video, specifically about effects, you could set up plenty of effects to run with a live gameboy signal running through a soundcard or however you usually record.

Youtube has lots of vids on this stuff. You could find a better one quite quickly.

Last edited by dw33baz01d (Sep 17, 2012 2:55 pm)

rochester, ny

the synthboy+ is basically a very expensive arduinoboy. i think the kickstarter had some of them going for hundreds of dollars whereas i bought my arduinoboy for $40.

and there are so many webpages already describing how to use an arduinoboy though. google it, dude.

if you have a specific question or problem, then post it here and we'll definitely help, but we won't do the work for you.

New England, USA

i use ableton and lsdj in my live setup.. really easy to do with a MIDI out and the arduino. you can find them around ebay, google, and just about any for chiptune sale forum.

California

Yeah, the Synthboy+ is pretty superfluous and expensive. If you need RCA outputs you can just mod them into the Gameboy (or buy a modded one from someone else if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself).

sweden

But you really dont need rca outputs.

shanghai

to be honest, if you just want to use launchpad to trigger effects you dont even HAVE TO HAVE midi
if im understanding you mean you want trigger abletons effects via launchpad to use on the gameboy.
so just run the gameboy into an audio channel of ableton, set up all the effects you desire and use launch pad to trigger said effects.
for filters and shit that would be fine, beat repeats and tempo reliant effects wouldnt sound so good
but then the effects in general are better controlled by faders id say, rather than button cos you want to be able to sweep that filter yo, i imagine the launchpad has some faders, i really dont know.
basically im saying dont rush out and buy synthboy cos thats a fucking rip off. if you go midi route just get one from NEX.

Brooklyn

Ok but how do I hook this up to like speakers for concerts. Just use a Audio Interface Right?

Downstate wrote:

to be honest, if you just want to use launchpad to trigger effects you dont even HAVE TO HAVE midi
if im understanding you mean you want trigger abletons effects via launchpad to use on the gameboy.
so just run the gameboy into an audio channel of ableton, set up all the effects you desire and use launch pad to trigger said effects.
for filters and shit that would be fine, beat repeats and tempo reliant effects wouldnt sound so good
but then the effects in general are better controlled by faders id say, rather than button cos you want to be able to sweep that filter yo, i imagine the launchpad has some faders, i really dont know.
basically im saying dont rush out and buy synthboy cos thats a fucking rip off. if you go midi route just get one from NEX.

Austin, Texas

Game Boy(s) and your Lauchpad/Abelton DAW -> Mixer -> PA or Soundboard

Brooklyn

What Mixer should I get

Telerophon wrote:

Game Boy(s) and your Lauchpad/Abelton DAW -> Mixer -> PA or Soundboard

rochester, ny
dw33baz01d wrote:

What Mixer should I get

4,000 pages come up when you google "what mixer should i get". i don't mean this to sound shitty but you should try reading a few of those pages and then coming back here with a more specific question. for example, "based on what i've read, it seems like the behringer mx802a would be a great mixer for what i want to do. does anyone here have experience with that model or behringer mixers in general?"

Last edited by nickmaynard (Sep 17, 2012 9:07 pm)

Chicago IL

you should probably focus on one thing at a time, as you're clearly not ready for a live performance

Unsubscribe

Sabrepulse does some cool stuff with lsdj and abelton effects, try to watch his live videos for some osmodic tips.

Unsubscribe

here is a good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvSQUMrZia0

Melbtown, Lolstralia

yep this is exactly what I do/did

I have a small sound card with enough channels so I can apply effects to a Microphone and Gameboys seperately then I am just using one of the user modes on the launchpad which just sends MIDI note messages to trigger effects presets when you hold down a pad allowing to layer multiple effects at any one time... simple and effective no need for MIDI sync or anything fancy

Last edited by Dot.AY (Sep 17, 2012 11:22 pm)