babylon
Saskrotch wrote:
walter b. gentle wrote:

im crossing my figures.

hee hee

oh shit. oops. i mean . . . i cross figures all day yo.

Tokyo, Japan

These arent new but I only found them recently

Specially like this second one, lovely snappy snares and squares

Austin, Texas

I feel like I've mentioned this before at least once, but Madbrain is basically OPL3 Jesus.

San Francisco

I want to make a decent tutorial for AT2. It is perhaps the easiest FM tracker to learn and use on real hardware. i like it a lot. Madbrain has some serious instruments programing in there. damn. some sexy shit.

Planet Zaxxon

OLD:

and I also made a tutorial awhile back as well, in case no one has seen it yet:

Last edited by O2star (Oct 8, 2012 5:00 pm)

Austin, Texas

What model laptops are those?

I'm sure we've started this thread already, but we should really put together a guide to finding and setting up computers for AdLib.

You've done that on the side before, right oxygenstar? That's a good endeavor!

I think it'd be cool if we had a wiki or something just for OPL3/AdLib stuff

New York City
Telerophon wrote:

I'm sure we've started this thread already, but we should really put together a guide to finding and setting up computers for AdLib

How about this?
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4310/ … epository/

Tokyo, Japan

Does anyone use the macros in ad2 I'm trying to figure out the wave tables in the midibox fm and I'm not having much luck. Are ad2 macros per instrument or is there only one per song?

well it wasn't in adtrack][ but I remember spending four hours getting twenty seconds of bad breakclonk out of SADT2, and then pressing escape at the wrong moment and it ate the pattern the tune was based around. :B a format i've had zero success with

Austin, Texas
akira^8GB wrote:
Telerophon wrote:

I'm sure we've started this thread already, but we should really put together a guide to finding and setting up computers for AdLib

How about this?
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4310/ … epository/

I love that thread, dude.

I was thinking additionally about something with a large catalog of soundcard hardware profiles and compatibilities, but that'd be a ton of work to put together, and us asking each other might cover most of that ground. Maybe it wouldn't be that useful. tongue

Lazerbeat wrote:

Does anyone use the macros in ad2 I'm trying to figure out the wave tables in the midibox fm and I'm not having much luck. Are ad2 macros per instrument or is there only one per song?

I'm kinda new to AD2 as well, but as far as I can tell macros are all per instrument.

Planet Zaxxon

Yes, the macros are per instrument. Which I still haven't delved into much. I think in the back of my mind, I am discouraged since I know when you start to use macros with the effects columns, it does tend to drag and lose tempo...

Planet Zaxxon

Let's revive this magical thread of all that is good in the world... I would love to hear some AT2 tracks from you guys!! smile

I have been working on some new adlib stuff as well.. Its been too long!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

I'm just getting started with AT2 and got a couple general questions
I just got an old box with on board YMF719 sound setup. It's running W98SE and seems to run AT2 fine from a dos prompt. So Yea! but it got me thinking; I've read threads of folks running W98 and using DOSbox for AT2. Why? Is this for the OPL emu?
I also have been messing around with a YMF724 PCI card on a newer Dell 2400. I've been encouraged after setting up FreqMonster801 under XP; so even though the OPL core is not exposed by default with the NT drivers, it can be enabled and accessed. Has anyone used the 'OPL pass thru' patched DOSbox with XP?
ATM these cards are cheap on EBay and seem to work easily under W98, but it would be tits up to have a XP REAL OPL option:)
The cherry on top would be native support of the YMF724 in the AT2 SDL build, I can dream can't I?

Planet Zaxxon

Hmmm yea.. why use dosbox if you already use WIN98 and have REAL DOS ? Im lost on that one.

OPL pass through sounds neat I guess.. I wasnt even aware of anything like that!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

DOSbox Mega Build 6, patched for more low level pass thru; Parallel, network and OPL sound. Reported to work with ISA OPL cards, but finding an XP class mobo that has ISA connectors AND can run fast enough for DOSbox is another challenge. I have yet to test the legacy OPL support/Port Talk.sys/DOSbox combo on my rig so there may still be issues with a PCI card.
The YMF724's legacy OPL core is exposed as a SB PRO2, but on the PCI bus, which does not support IRQs. The hardware option is using a mobo with a SBlink connector, to link the IRQs to the PCI card, but again these mobos are a rarity.
Yamaha's software solution for native DOS/OPL support with these chips, uses a TSR to redirect IRQs over the PCI bus, which was hit n miss depending on the user program's mem usage. The W98 WDM drivers handle the redirects, but support with NT based drivers was dropped as a default. With PowerYMF to enable the chip's OPL core and a kernel mode access driver I.E Giveio.sys or PortTalk.sys, the OPL core can used.
Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but wanted to throw out what I've learned so far.
Yogi