VA

I am about to go pick up a super game boy from my local shop, and my question is, does a BleepBloop USB (running LSDJ) work properly with a SGB?  The only reason I ask is because when I plug my cart into my computer and go to "cart info", it says DMG: YES; GBC: YES; SGB: NO.  Will my cart 'splode or some shit if I put it in an SGB?  I don't want to spend the money on it if it won't work right.  I thank you all in advance for any help in answering my question.

On a side note...I think I read on that other website that the American SGB's clock is different from the DMG, but the Japanese one is the same.  Is there any truth to this?

Plano, TX

I've used both of my Bleep Bloops on a Super Game Boy without any major issues.

Cartoon Bomb wrote:

On a side note...I think I read on that other website that the American SGB's clock is different from the DMG, but the Japanese one is the same.  Is there any truth to this?

the super gameboy has the same chip as the DMG, it should be identical in the way it works, so it should work with all gameboy carts, i think the reason you can't select SGB is because super gameboy carts have extra info on them like border support, which i don't think these carts are up to. but they will still work fine,

the super gameboy doesn't have a clock in it, it takes it from the snes, this is the same in all first edition super gameboys including jap ones,

but the super gameboy 2, which is bright blue and only sold in japan, is based on the gameboy pocket chip, it has a built in link port for linking with a normal gameboy, and so the clock speed had to match, that is why these ones have their own internal clock.

Sweeeeeeden

The cart info functions displays information about the software on the cartridge (As well as the about the flash chip) If it says "SGB: No" it just means the saftware/game currently on the cartridge has no special SGB functions, such as extended color palettes. So that's that.

VA

Wow, thanks for all the helpful info.  Unfortunately, the shop sold their SGB, so I'll have to order one.  I got a nuby light and some AV cables for my Gamecube though.  Ebay will be the route I take I think.

Does anyone have experience with the gamecube gameboy player thing?  How is it?

Melbourne, Australia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0-Rnf5dId8
It seems to work well with lsdj.

Sweeeeeeden
TmTgr wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0-Rnf5dId8
It seems to work well with lsdj.

Not that it really matters for this argument, but GC Gameboy thing is actually for all intents and purposes a GBA.

lolusa

real question is when is Jose going to add a LSDJ border to the bleepbloop carts..