Not to revive an old thread, but I followed this trail:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6823/ … nthesizer/

and led me to the same conclusion.

MusicMon seems somewhat easy to use, MaxYMiser seems powerful but has a complex-ish interface.
However MaxYMiser has documentation and I can't find any for MusicMon. Is there? Anyone use it and have quick "Getting Started" tips?

On to another issue before I worry about MIDI sync, since both at least support MIDI Note Messages to get started.

Did anyone tackle the issue of how to record the Atari's output properly before? I am pretty insistent on capturing the real deal and not getting an emulator output, and have an Atari set up for the job.

I came across this: http://atari4ever.free.fr/

Go down to the last section "Other Upgrades" and check out "AUDIO.ZIP".
It explains how to solder an RCA port to the back of the ST for proper audio out!
Anyone ever try anything like this?
I'm about to try but I'm worried in case I screw up and somehow ruin my old pal my Atari ST.

Any words of advice?

London

You can make an adapter for the monitor output which will take the audio out, if you don't want to get to work inside the machine. STe machines already have an RCA output.

Theres a prosound-alike modifications which separates the 3 channels directly from the YM soundchip, but I don't like it myself.

Unsubscribe

Did I read the separate voice output changes the sounds?

London
herr_prof wrote:

Did I read the separate voice output changes the sounds?

It does change the sound. Not much I must admit - some people prefer it, though I'm not in that group wink

ok i see what you mean gwEm. I can thru all the other pins with the adapter and branch off from the audio pin.

Somehow it seems easier to do the soldering job as described in that tutorial. Is the ST relatively easy to open up?

London

Its really easy to open up. You just need a philips screwdriver and a small pair of pliers.

Joliette, QC, Canada
gwEm wrote:

Its really easy to open up. You just need a philips screwdriver and a small pair of pliers.

Yeah it's reaaaly easy to do (compared to that STacy !)

Unsubscribe

There is also the tweety board mod, I had one in the past and it was mega easy to install, but I sold it before i heard of trackers big_smile

Wow RS232 to stereo! I think I could make up a cable like that.

Any idea if it needed a software driver, or if some schematics might exist somewhere about which pinouts get used?

Thanks!