Austin, TX

so there are a couple shows besides Datapop chip people are playing at!

I know there is a house show w/ Talktoanimals, Unicorn Kid on Avenue C, and there are Depreciation Guild (@ Wave Rooftop) & Meneo (@ Spill, 20th) shows.  anybody else know of more?

Austin, TX
Princess wrote:

so there are a couple shows besides Datapop chip people are playing at!

I know there is a house show w/ Talktoanimals, Unicorn Kid on Avenue C, and there are Depreciation Guild (@ Wave Rooftop) & Meneo (@ Spill, 20th) shows.  anybody else know of more?

MENEO?? FUCKING MENEO? HOW DID I MISS THIS?

Austin, TX

COME WITH ME TO IT!!! It's on the 20th!!! stay in town!

Austin, TX

their myspace says the 19th?  also, I'm not sure how many days I'm staying but I'd fucking love to... hope I can stay for more than just Data Pop! aaaaaah! i'm so pumped!

Austin, TX

we'll have to sort out exactly when it's going down.  maybe it's the night of the 19th / morning of 20th?

Minot, Maine

we should get a crew going over to meneo.

Austin, TX

oh, there's also the "Laptop Battle" that I, Cactus, Mysterious H, and Random will be at! (am i right on this, connor?)

Austin, TX

hahahaha I found an interview with Meneo about sxsw this year, the best Q and A is:

"Are you going to get naked at SXSW?

My managers have told me there's something called full-frontal nudity there, and it's not allowed. They told us the same thing in New York, and I remember I crowd-surfed naked. "

Minot, Maine

I am indeed playing the laptop battle later today. Random plays later in the night. Mysterious H is also part of the battle.

Last edited by I_CACTUS (Mar 13, 2010 9:47 am)

Brooklyn NY US

Last I'd heard Meneo was doing a different festival in Europe instead of SXSW. But a SXSW date's included in their gig list so maybe they're doing it after all. Either way it's the day after I leave Austin so FUUUCK.