Unsubscribe

eneloop rechargeable batteries are awessssome.

detroit

I agree with eneloops being great. especially on gp2x. stock batteries die after almost an hour of heavy tracking whereas rechargeables last 3-5 hours for me.

curious if there would be any reason why piggy would fail to run on rasbian, the raspberry pi optimized build of debian linux. I think it'd be pretty rad to build a dedicated piggy tracker R-pi. What with the customization options and ability to add components to the Rpi, it could turn out pretty rad. and cheaper than a dingoo/caanoo/psp.

NC in the US of America
8bitDAD wrote:

curious if there would be any reason why piggy would fail to run on rasbian, the raspberry pi optimized build of debian linux. I think it'd be pretty rad to build a dedicated piggy tracker R-pi. What with the customization options and ability to add components to the Rpi, it could turn out pretty rad. and cheaper than a dingoo/caanoo/psp.

Yeah. But not quite as portable unless you build a screen and interface device around it.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jan 4, 2013 8:04 am)

mods, mods, and more mods. i say thumbs up to the prospect.

8bitDAD wrote:

It does runs on rasbian....

Last build is over here (although I haven't tested it yet)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/323652/lgpt.rpi-exe

Melbourne, Australia
SketchMan3 wrote:
8bitDAD wrote:

Yeah. But not quite as portable unless you build a screen and interface device around it.

You mean something like this?

<SHAMELESS BUT COMPLETELY RELEVANT SELF-PROMOTION>

Thread - http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/9710/ … -campaign/

</SHAMELESS BUT COMPLETELY RELEVANT SELF-PROMOTION>

shanghai

one thing ive always wondered is this. does anyone know the maximum total file size you can use in one song file ? i seemed to have problems if i went over around 15-20mb. Or maybe someone knows the file size limit for individual waves you can load in a song. I had a few samples that were a bit lengthy and that would crash my shit. I know i should be trimming these waves down to the smallest duration possible before loading into piggy - but its something ive always wondered about...... sometimes its pretty fun to have a fairly long sample of speech or a long wave of sfx/glitches i've recorded from reaktor.

Tokyo, Japan

That is a good question, I have a feeling it will vary by platform. Marc?

It all depends on the unit's memory. The bigger sample, the less chance you will have to find a contiguous memory chunk to hold it. So you might load a bit more if you cut the big sample in smaller parts. There is no 'built in' limit in the piggy nor any deterministic way to know how much will fit it

San Francisco

You can also do the old trick of speeding up your samples (so they are shorter) and then pitching them down  in the tracker itself.
also mono, ping pong, and all that jazz. you will be able to load your samples faster and save memory space.

Or you can import them on another platform. I once had to import a sample so big my psp would crash everytime, so I just imported it on the PC and then I could continue working on the psp again.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

Just wanted to give a shout and say:

Dave! This thread is the single most helpful resource for getting into Piggy I have been sent/found myself so far.

Thankyou!

Tokyo, Japan

Tom, you are welcome my friend! Very excited to see what you come up with sir.

Geneva, NY
10k wrote:

Just wanted to give a shout and say:

Dave! This thread is the single most helpful resource for getting into Piggy I have been sent/found myself so far.

Thankyou!

10K+Piggy=FUCK YES

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

lol