Arcade, NY

I'm kindof new to this whole thing...but I needed somewhere to post the nintendocore I make where people might actually care?  So give it a listen... https://soundcloud.com/macandcheeseboy/ … ge-preview it's not finished, but check it out

Detroit, Michigan

What software are you using? You should check out Wage Their Battle, their pretty sick https://soundcloud.com/wagetheirbattle

Last edited by snesei (Dec 29, 2012 1:26 am)

california

I dig it.
Do you have plans to add vocals to your tracks or are you keeping them instrumental?

Chicago, IL

It's a bit repetitive, But I definitely enjoy it!

Barcelona

You need to equalize your drums // Get rid of the clipping!

Arcade, NY

I haven't mixed it yet, and it'll seem less repetitive when I add the vocals.  I promise.

Melbourne, Australia

Hard, I like it.
I know it's unmixed, but maybe chuck a compressor/limiter on the track before export? Should make sure nothings peaking, etc.
Keep it up!

Last edited by Calavera (Dec 29, 2012 4:50 am)

Chicago IL, USA

I dig it, it would be cooler with heavier chugs though. What are you using to produce?

Arcade, NY

I'm using noteflight.com to make all of my midi files, the for my DAW i use FL Studio 10.  Also, I'm buying a DI box soon so I can record real instruments and record vocals, guitar will be doing all of the breakdowns, I tried to replicate it on FL studio, but it's simply not doing my breakdowns any justice.  And thanks for the advice about the compressor/limiter...I'm very new to this, I just started like a month ago, so any advice helps!

Melbourne, Australia
JamesWrobel wrote:

And thanks for the advice about the compressor/limiter...I'm very new to this, I just started like a month ago, so any advice helps!

Pretty nice stuff for a month's worth. Limiters are great because you can set them to just under 0db and nothing will peak smile

Arcade, NY

That's awesome...upon hearing your advice I looked up some videos on using limiters and now my songs sound a lotttt better.  I'm going to post a link to an updated version of my song

Melbourne, Australia
JamesWrobel wrote:

That's awesome...upon hearing your advice I looked up some videos on using limiters and now my songs sound a lotttt better.  I'm going to post a link to an updated version of my song

That's awesome to hear!