Chicago, IL

Wondering if anyone can help me nail the lead sound in Return of Samus surface song (the one in the first area)...this video has a chunk of the original and then my lsdj version. I'm pretty experienced with trackers (mostly NES) but I'm somewhat new to LSDJ and thought I'd try to recreate a song I know to start with, but I just can't quite nail the wav sound.

Whenever I make complex wave sounds they sound kind of chunky and just not smooth...like when you have a block step thing going on a synth. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, the phrase is just the notes playing, I dont see what commands could help. I'd really love some constructive feedback.

Here's a video of the original for a moment, and then my attempt...every channel sounds good but the wave...

http://youtu.be/WSaBhLLoGmU

philly

you can literally rip it out of the game - i have done this  before with a different game - hopefully someone will chime in and let u know how to do it... because its been 4 years since the last time i did it - i just remember it required using a debugger in an emulator

Chicago, IL

Hmm, I know how to do that with Genesis emulation but not with gameboy...I'll try to look for info on that..

Try it out with ALLP and
Start:
2F

Everything else stays the same, maybe this will help. HighPitch just sounds to dirty in my opinion.

Sweeeeeeden

Don't use no$gmb. Use BGB.

Chicago, IL
nitro2k01 wrote:

Don't use no$gmb. Use BGB.

I actually usually use Gamebatte but I knew no$ let me toggle the channels individually...just sticking with what I know, but i'll check out BGB...

Chicago, IL
9-Heart wrote:

Try it out with ALLP and
Start:
2F

Everything else stays the same, maybe this will help. HighPitch just sounds to dirty in my opinion.

Thanks!! Going to try it now!!

Chicago, IL

ALLP did the trick, I ended up settled on:
Start:

Seemed to get that double octave sound a bit more!