Hey guys, as the title says, I would really like to get some feedback for my tracks. I already showed them to you, but thats not the kind of critism I am looking for.

https://soundcloud.com/daxshock

Check theese tracks out. Would be really nice, if you could give me tips on how to improve my chiptuning skills!

.FILTHadelphia

Get rid of the Kirby sounds and the excessive robot voice.

defiantsystems wrote:

Get rid of the excessive robot voice.

Yeah, that's also my biggest offturn here.

Tokyo, Japan
DaXShock wrote:

Hey guys, as the title says, I would really like to get some feedback for my tracks. I already showed them to you, but thats not the kind of critism I am looking for.

What kind of criticism are you looking for exactly?

I am looking for detailed critism, for example if you dont think, that my stuff sounds authentic then you could me give tips on how to improve that or something like that. The Atari voice will always be in my track, thats just my "watermark" for the tracks.

California, United States

Try using the Atari voice a little less, build your melodies more, and add some better percussion.

NC in the US of America

Your percussion sounds are really nice and punchy. Your music sounds very video game-ish. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like all your music are video game remixes? Are there any completely original tunes that I'm overlooking?

I must say, the robot voice saying "dack! zoink!" every five seconds is just very distracting. It's like listening to an online radio broadcast that's trying to keep people from bootlegging the music. This is only the second time I've encountered watermarked music (first would be Lecrae's "Church Clothes" with "Tha Cannon *echo echo echo*" every five seconds). Honestly... it's just very distracting and feels kind of paranoid. To me, it'd be okay of it just pops up once or twice, or was incorporated into the music. But to each his own.

Anyway, some sounds do come off a bit fake sounding, but I have no idea whether it's actually fake or not. But you have good sounds, and fun composition.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jan 8, 2013 5:42 pm)

Thats thats some critism I am looking for (also @ SC).
But what do you define as "better" percussion?

'MURICA

The melodies are great, but the percussion sounds a bit... idk... terse.  Try using slightly longer samples.  Contrasted with the melodies they stand out as somewhat primitive.

Do that, and remove the Atari voice, and you're golden.  Aside from those two things I really like your sound.

Last edited by TragicSans (Jan 13, 2013 10:45 pm)