AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

This is inches away from sounding just like 'blood on the dance floor', just sayin'

I agree, i like it but you're pretty close to being labeled "crunkcore" ahahha. keep it up though man.

ohio gozaimasu

I don't really think this is too good to be honest. The background tracks all sound like a blend of "my first LSDJ" and "my first FL Studio", and all of the instruments sound super cheesy. The vocals could probably work on some occasions but they make no sense being laid over these; I feel like they would only really work over a similarly abrasive track. Also, it seems to me like the only similarity between your cover and the original Mr. Brightside is that they share the same lyrics. I would have liked to see something that at least shared a similar progression.

Overall I just feel that nothing really blends or works together. I would work on making more fitting instruments and composition. If you really can't make a harsher sounding backtrack, I would just leave out the vocals entirely.

That all being said, I haven't really listened to any other self-described "nintendocore" music, so I don't have much reference. Sorry if I come across as a dick; just keep working at your sound and you'll end up somewhere you like.

EDIT: Just reread the post, apparently this really is "My first (whatever it is)". I guess this is pretty decent for a first try.

Last edited by Cooshinator (Jan 27, 2013 1:25 am)