Give it a listen, I'd really like to hear what you guys have to think of it..
It's my second track with LSDJ and any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated smile

http://chipmusic.org/laundromat/music/eight-hundred

Last edited by Laundromat (Jan 24, 2013 2:45 am)

Madison, Wisconsin, USA

it gets good after 0:30 but sometimes the melody doesn't seem to match. the end section is cool.

tho not usually the style of chip i listen to, i think you've done a good job! there are a few unique instruments in there that make it a fun listen. a deal-breaker for me with lsdj tracks is whether or not they have fresh, interesting instruments.. i liked yours!

a couple criticisms, if i may- i noticed you kept the same i-iv-vi-v chord pattern through the whole song.. nothing wrong with that in itself, and it is your song after all, but i find that changing chord patterns at some point in the song is a much more effective way to keep the listener's attention, rather than having to constantly change instruments, etc., to keep it interesting. this is just my opinion so take it or leave it.

also sometimes the melody got drowned out by some loud arps.. i would have liked to hear more prominent melody, but again, just my opinion.

nice work for your 2nd lsdj track- and actually, nice work for an lsdj track in general. keep it up!
aviel

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jan 24, 2013 4:57 am)

Thanks for responding guys!

Yeah, I did think the  I-IV-VI-V was getting old, but I wasn't really sure where else to go.. hmm

Thanks a bundle for your time and for your response aviel!

I will take these into consideration for my next time around big_smile