Madriz, Supain

we got ourselves a good gig for march and the organizers are telling me we can do visuals and the such.

Im only playing a dmg + another dmg thru an lsdj keyboard, and a mike. ¿Is there any way (software) to sync up frames to beats? ¿Or any gameboy related hardware?

Also, ¿what should i use for vjing? Ive got this small netbook that I can carry for the gig, but I know nothing about this kind of sofware and its needs.

On a similar note, do you gusy think it would look lame if we just make random videos with an epileptic framerate and leave them on repeat on the background?

A Pocket VBlank would be good, but i guess these are hard to find nowadays.
http://www.waitforvblank.com/new-pocket … -released/

And don't use Random Videos, just use a super long one, datamosh the crap out of it and go.

matt's mind

what operating system is your netbook running?  win or linux?

and does it even have a video out?

matt's mind

(regardless i guess),

check out NodeBox3.  its cross-platform, free, and comes with examples you could use (and more you can download I believe).

http://nodebox.net/

Unsubscribe

Spazz video is never lame.

Madriz, Supain

That vblank thingy is definetely interesting.

Ima check this software you guys recommend, i have an extra screen output, i guess that works for projecting video am i right?

matt's mind

it should as long as the program you are using allows you to choose your output for the live video feed (other than the preview window on your computer screen, i mean).  the port *should* show up in the program as an output option.

routing video on a mac is easy (Syphon), but on another OS i'm really not sure...  there should be a workaround if you can't do it directly in the program

matt's mind

(side note i should mention i guess)

in NodeBox, you create visuals and save them as quicktime movies.  you can take these movies into VJing software if you wanted to trigger via MIDI or whatever, but you can also play them alone. 

and you can make incredibly glitchy and interesting things with the program.

just wanted to mention its not really a 'live' app, but is wonderful for creating visuals to play on a loop/random like you mentioned... 

unless you wanted to be an active VJ while you were doing music as well (and be really busy!), and if you don't have automated visuals (vBlank, etc), the looped-crazy-videos sound great.

Madriz, Supain

im trying this nodebox on my mac and it looks comletely crazy, wich is cool for our needs. I think i can mix that with some gameboycamera pics and other media we already have and shoot it in loops like theyre gonna ban it. Or hire a vj hmm

matt's mind

oh, you can use the mac for the visual stuff?

check out millumin then.  it will probably do everything you want other than the actual creation of the visuals.  has MIDI/OSC, a TouchOSC option (if that applies), and you can easily pick your output.

even remap onto irregular surfaces.

http://www.millumin.com/

windows version isn't ready yet it seems. 

the trial lasts 30 days i think.  then its 599 euros to activate tongue  you submit your email to get the download, but i'm not sure how it recognizes the uniqueness of your copy.  maybe just delete a log, maybe its by email.  but 30 days should be long enough, and it does everything.  if its just transitions you need to do, you should be able to automate that somewhat.  not sure your rig at all though.

rochester, ny

do you have a projector and a screen?

Madriz, Supain

its a big retrogaming convention so ill have a big projector available and a flat white cloth screen. My mac is an iMac so creating them videos is an option considering not syncing it, but those programs kitsch is suggesting make it interesting.

Im sorry for the noobinesh, I wondered if theres something simple to sync frames/music. Like some software and I plug my netbook to the line or something

Abandoned on Fire
kitsch wrote:

(regardless i guess),

check out NodeBox3.  its cross-platform, free, and comes with examples you could use (and more you can download I believe).

http://nodebox.net/

This looks super cool.

Tokyo, Japan

Or just we litewall, glitchnnes on an emulator?

Madriz, Supain
Lazerbeat wrote:

Or just we litewall, glitchnnes on an emulator?

why I didnt thought on this?

shanghai

NodeBox looks pretty fun, im gonna piss about on this today