Austin, Texas

I was told by Ms. PartyTime!Hexcellent! that this would be a good place to post something like this.

I'm a guitar player/songwriter in Austin, TX with pretty good recording/playing experience that's looking to start an interesting chip project in Austin. I think it would be cool to do something kind of mellow, maybe even spaghetti western tone to it, not sure exactly. I'm a huge fan of Anamanaguchi(among other chip projects) and I love the idea of incorporating other instruments with chip. Even if mellow's not your thing, I'd love to work with a chip musician, even someone who's maybe just looking to have some fun on the side in Austin.

I can play other instruments as well (mandolin, banjo, piano) and have a plethora of solid singers to collaborate with as well should we decide to go that direction.

If I'm posting this in the wrong place, feel free to let me know. Or if you know any chip musicians in the Austin area that are setting up shows that I could go to (still not too tapped into a chip scene here) and get connected, please let me know. I don't know the local talent.

IL, US

i would recommend hitting up specific artists...
mofos in the (more or less) area include: yatagarasu, peter swimm, i cactus, prince_s, sievert....it really comes down to what you want to do musically, but texas has some of the nicest people ive met in the scene, so id recommend tlistening to a bunch of stuff and emailing the artist(s) you think would fit best with what you do/want to do

austin, tx

hi dave,

i'm in a chip band in austin, tx called chalkboards, http://soundcloud.com/chalkboards

not really sure what we'll be up to in the immediate future, but we just finished and album and are trying to turn it into a live show. i think the austin chiptune community is going to meetup sometime this summer and make some plans for the future and maybe start plans for a regional texas show, but there's definitely nothing concrete yet.

i'll keep you in mind if we ever want to do a little collaborative experiment or something like that, or if any new info about the show reaches me.

in the meantime, it looks like Screamforme99 is also getting a show set up sometime soon? i really don't know anything about this, though. looks cool if it happens, though!

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6674/ … nt/page/3/

Austin, TX

I'm in Austin.   My stuff isn't really slick or anything, but I've really wanted to try and connect with other artists lately in the hopes that it would get me to try new things.  I have a lot of fun trying to get new sounds and stuff too.

www.soundcloud.com/himsypimsy

Austin, Texas
HimsyPimsy wrote:

I'm in Austin.   My stuff isn't really slick or anything, but I've really wanted to try and connect with other artists lately in the hopes that it would get me to try new things.  I have a lot of fun trying to get new sounds and stuff too.

www.soundcloud.com/himsypimsy

I'd love to see what we could do together. I listened to the stuff you had posted and thought it was pretty awesome. If you're interested in working together at some point or if you'd wanna get together and talk chiptunes or something, my email is [email protected]