Okay. I tried this earlier with a Pokemon Blue cartridge because I really like the look of the original carts.  But soon after I opened it up, I realized that the battery on LSDJ would never fit in that small cart.  I took away as much of the plastic as I could, but I still couldn't get it to fit in properly! HELP!

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
Auxcide wrote:

Somebody help this guy, quick!!!

SLC, UT

It will work, but only if you use a white cartridge (like the tamagochi ones). Something to do with them having a similar battery so the cart is a little thicker. You can get one on Ebay for around $15 bucks.

Sydney, NSW

Perhaps try using a cart that used a battery beforehand like this dude above me suggested. Not all carts and shells are the same!

SLC, UT
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Perhaps try using a cart that used a battery beforehand like this dude above me suggested. Not all carts and shells are the same!

100% sure the white tamagochi cart will work.

Chicago IL

HELP!

I would hate to waste one of these rare carts, but would the pink one work as well?

Chicago IL

how many songs have you written

Gosford, Australia

yeah this is dead set unecessary effort unless you're just doing it for a lark

SLC, UT
goob47 wrote:

I would hate to waste one of these rare carts, but would the pink one work as well?

The pink one would work, but not as well due to slightly lower voltage battery typeset. What you could do if you really wanted to, is to get the pink one and soak it in some 50/50 bleach/water solution (in a sunny area so it oxidizes correctly) and it will turn a nice matte white.

Don't mind saskrotch, he's a meany-weany.

On a more serious note: you have to move one of the capacitators from the top of the cart a bit down, use some wire to connect it.

Doesn't matter at all what colour cart you use. It won't fit in a normal size DMG cart because of the dent on the top.

I'll try and take some pics of one I did tomorrow.

SLC, UT
Timbob wrote:

On a more serious note: you have to move one of the capacitators from the top of the cart a bit down, use some wire to connect it.

Doesn't matter at all what colour cart you use. It won't fit in a normal size DMG cart because of the dent on the top.

I'll try and take some pics of one I did tomorrow.

It's a trap! He's trolling you! Everyone knows that it's impossible to move the capacitor because the heat from the soldering iron will fry the circut. DO NOT try and do that.

Are you kidding? How do you think it was soldered to the board in the first place? Frying a circuit from heat? There's no logic in that. heat wouldnt travel through traces that well, it's the component you're working on that matters with heat, he's being serious

SLC, UT
12ianma wrote:

Are you kidding?

Yes I am!

Brunswick, GA USA
stargazer wrote:

...the heat from the soldering iron will fry the circut.

You're supposed to put a crocodile clip on the terminal as a heat sink, but if you pop it you can always substitute an identical one.

stargazer wrote:
12ianma wrote:

Are you kidding?

Yes I am!

big_smile

Oh, and Goob. The name of the cartridge isn't lsdj. The program is called Lsdj.
I'm assuming you've got a EMS cartridge?

Naming your cartridge lsdj is like naming your iPod Justin Bieber.