Vermont, USA

So I picked up an EMS cart, and it came loaded with LSDJ, but it was an earlier version (4.6.3? I believe?) so I threw the latest build on there. I hadn't tried it before over writing the cart, but now it loads the Nintendo screen, and then goes to a blank screen. Adjusting the contrast doesn't even do anything.

I'm running 4.6.7 on both pages, with the .sav from when I was using BGB. The gameboy is a DMG-01 (basic one, not playitloud) and it's hooked up to the Rechargable Battery Pack. The gameboy runs other Carts fine (Tetris, Kirby Pinball, Yoshi's Cookie) but I have yet to try any other ROMs. I'm gonna try to load LSDj without a .sav and with an older build, but if anyone has any other ideas, they'd be greatly appreciated. I've already pulled the cart out/put it back in about a hundred times, tried waiting ten seconds, and turning it off and on.

Thanks everyone!

Austin, Texas

It's probably just a bad ROM write. Reflash the ROM. don't worry about the .SAV, if the .SAV is corrupted, LSDj will just start up with gibberish instead of any kind of real music.

Chicago IL

have you tried using just AAs to power it? It's the only thing about this that is out of the ordinary, i think. but i also have no reason to specifically believe that's the problem. i'm guessing it's not the battery in the cart, because then it would just boot up lsdj with no save data.

sounds weird, basically.

Vermont, USA

I don't think it'll work with AA batteries (the contacts look all miffed up, though admittedly the only time I've tried it was with very much used remote batteries).

I'll try reformatting it again! Thanks guys, I'll let you know how that goes.

Vermont, USA

So, Formatted again, and tried it with 4.6.2-stable, Still no luck ): Gonna go and hijack some AA's from less used remotes (literally flat broke @tm)

Austin, Texas

If you have some white vinegar, you can get a cotton swab and clean the corrosion off the contacts.

The best way is to take them out and soak them in vinegar when you have the game boy apart to do a backlight or whatever, but swabbing them down will probably get them clean enough to use batteries.

Vermont, USA

Oh awesome, I will have to pick some of that up later!

Not surprisingly, more (different) used batteries didn't work, So I will definitely do that.

Chicago IL

i'm a terrible person and have stolen at least 2 packs of rechargable AAs from walgreens.

Vermont, USA

It's okay XD I just got out of court (speeding) and I am notoriously bad at stuff like that so I'l just wait to get paid tomorrow.

Vermont, USA

Just tried Megaman, the problem must be something with my software or my cart, as it didn't run either.

Vermont, USA

Or the Gameboy, of course. Just not LSDj,

Austin, Texas
Saskrotch wrote:

i'm a terrible person.

Vermont, USA

Plugged it into my old SP and it won't even turn on, though it works fine with it not connected.

Did you erase flash first? that's the problem many times. well that and batteries

Vermont, USA

erase flash?

well, format... i had to do it multiple times before. also a machine reboot helps aswell