Vermont, USA

Well I've done several formats, and two computers.
The cart is holding files, it just doesnt boot to the menu or whatever after the nintendo logo drops. The gameboy runs other games so I am out of ideas as to what to try next.

have you tried reading one of the roms to your computer and then testing it in an emulator?

Austin, Texas

The software you are using to rewrite the cart's ROM has to erase and rewrite the entire ROM every time you change the software on it. It should also have an option to blank out the ROM completely by erasing/formatting it.

Format and rewrite the flash a few times, this worked for me last time I corrupted the ROM in one of my EMS carts.

Vermont, USA

considered it but never followed through, I'll do that now! Thanks for your help so far

Vermont, USA

ROM works fine in bgb.

EDIT:
Stunning new development, when I first start GBUSB after trying to run it on my DMG it had 2 LSDj ROMS on it, but stated only 1game was on it. I read both, neither ran in BGB, Switched to page 1 and back, and it was back to one file, which was also unreadable.

EDIT 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO:
I forgot the .gb filetype, which is why.

Last edited by teenagegothgirl (Aug 8, 2012 8:33 pm)

Does is work now?

Austin, Texas

You can't use the EMS flashing software to put multiple LSDj roms on one page of the flash cart, or so I understand it: LSDj doesn't like sharing a cartridge with other programs. So, every page you put LSDj on should only have LSDj.

Right now, one of my carts has LSDj 4.6.7 on Page 1 and 4.6.2S on page 2, both patched to the brim with my preferred custom kits.

Vermont, USA

So I just got back from a friends house. My cart worked on his GBC, but there was no sound and it gave me the Don't Panic! Screen.

I've only ever had One Copy of lsdj per page, and without anything else On it. It duplicated the file until I switched pages and back, and I have no idea why. Perhaps a listing glitch?

The .gb extension was only the problem on the emulator. The menu still won't load. I can post video or something If that'd help at all.

Last edited by teenagegothgirl (Aug 9, 2012 2:37 am)

matt's mind

LSDJ needs to be alone by itself in the menu it is in.

so if you're putting it in both menus (pretty common, this way it doesn't matter how it loads really), you'll have two LSDJ ROMs on the entire cart, one in each menu.

and nothing else.  generally, the EMS menu will appear and either be missing LSDJ from the list, or have LSDJ but none of the others.

NC in the US of America
kitsch wrote:

LSDJ needs to be alone by itself in the menu it is in.

so if you're putting it in both menus (pretty common, this way it doesn't matter how it loads really), you'll have two LSDJ ROMs on the entire cart, one in each menu.

and nothing else.  generally, the EMS menu will appear and either be missing LSDJ from the list, or have LSDJ but none of the others.

Can you have two of the same versions of lsdj a cart? I've noticed people tend to put the latest stable on one page, unstable on the other. Is that just personal preference? And do they two pages share the SRAM nicely, or is there danger that one version of LSDJ will mess up the SRAM data of another?

Vermont, USA

Yeah that's what I've been doing, 1 per menu. I've pretty much been trying everything I can scour on the net. Though I've been using two of the same build (4.6.7). I don't even get a menu. Just Nintendo, then an empty screen, Its as if the screen shuts off. My SP won't turn on with the cart in it, I dunno if that's related or not. I'd rather have it work on the DMG than the SP, but any port in a storm.

Last edited by teenagegothgirl (Aug 9, 2012 3:22 am)

if either lsdj corrupts the data, it gets corrupted. the pages share it fine. I had 3.9.9 on one and 4-something on the other forever. worked great.