I have a spare NTRQ cart for sale, $40 shipped in the US. A portion of the sale will go towards Neil's cancer donation fund. Will ship internationally if you ask.

Cart label is based off Thretris' design

Austin, Texas

How are/were these made, anyway? Was this a production run or homemade?

I can't find the guide for building them anywhere anymore, but I know I've read it before. sad

AFAIK all ntrq carts are either self made or were produced in a batch by a 3rd party, I don't think neil has ever done a first hand run of them.

this cart is running NTRQ 1.8 btw

Telerophon wrote:

How are/were these made, anyway? Was this a production run or homemade?

I can't find the guide for building them anywhere anymore, but I know I've read it before. sad

the guide I saw online actually has an extra wire routed in, I generally follow http://nesdev.com/NES%20EPROM%20Conversions.txt for wiring

Austin, Texas

Well, I have got to say that it is a mighty fresh looking cart.

I long for it, but don't have access to an NES or $40 right now. Good luck with the sale, I hope it finds a loving home!

fwiw I'm in san antonio, should you come down and want a quick 'how to solder a cart' walk through you're welcome to hit meup, if I'm free I'll oblige

Austin, Texas

That'd be fantastic, dude! I actually told a kid at the show yesterday I'd teach him some game boy modding stuff, so it's cool that I can pay it forward like that now too. smile

Also, we're going to try to promote shows here a lot more heavily, get in touch if you wanna set something up or be in the loop when we do bookings. I suppose we should look into playing in San Antonio sometime, too. tongue

I went to UTSA for a while, I haven't been to the Alamo city in too long…

rochester, ny

Neil's cancer donation fund?

Abandoned on Fire

Sold!  To me I hope!

Austin, Texas
nickmaynard wrote:

Neil's cancer donation fund?

I'm also curious about this… I wasn't aware of any cancer. sad

Abandoned on Fire

Go here: http://www.justgiving.com/Neil-Baldwin

He's had this going since he started producing new software.  Really should be more prominent on the site.

yeah theres a donation button on his page.

this cart might be sold, I have a pending pm sale of it.

I can build more but theres lead-times, this one can ship once paid

Milwaukee, WI

Sort of off topic, but could someone explain to me what makes this cart work, opposed to the method described here:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/5765/ … art-guide/

This has been punching my brain for the better half of six months now. We're close, but not quite there.

Austin, Texas
derekb wrote:

I can build more but theres lead-times, this one can ship once paid.

Sweet. If you want to make a cottage industry of it, you could convert this thread after the fact to a per-order NTRQ cart thing.

Also, do you make these with donor boards, or from new parts? I don't know enough about NES repro stuff to be sure, but I'm under the impression you can make an NTRQ cart from all new parts out of stuff you can get from Digi-Key and RetroUSB.

EDIT: Oh shit, you can even use this thing to make Pulsar or PR8 carts. Damn, I hope they restock that thing!

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 20, 2012 3:13 am)

Austin, Texas

I looked up the cancer thing. Neil doesn't have cancer, but he's fundraising with his software for a cancer research charity in honor of his mother, who is currently surviving leukemia. This is from his campaign page:

Neil Baldwin wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for clicking the link and hopefully making a donation. It's truly appreciated, however small or large the sum.

My mum was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma about 3 years ago and is still fighting the disease. She wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the work of many amazing people who work directly and indirectly with cancer patients.

NTRQ was never going to be a commercial project for me but it does take up a large part of my spare time. By asking for a small donation I'm passing on your appreciation of the time and effort that I've put into it onto a cause which is close to my heart.

Peace and love,

Neil

Last edited by Telerophon (Aug 20, 2012 3:22 am)

Telerophon wrote:
derekb wrote:

I can build more but theres lead-times, this one can ship once paid.

Sweet. If you want to make a cottage industry of it, you could convert this thread after the fact to a per-order NTRQ cart thing.

Also, do you make these with donor boards, or from new parts? I don't know enough about NES repro stuff to be sure, but I'm under the impression you can make an NTRQ cart from all new parts out of stuff you can get from Digi-Key and RetroUSB.

EDIT: Oh shit, you can even use this thing to make Pulsar or PR8 carts. Damn, I hope they restock that thing!

I'm not really sure if retrozone's mmc1 board can be used to do SNROM or not to be honest, it's easier to just use donors