Austin, Texas

The stereo output of the game boy isn't balanced, so having balanced cables shouldn't matter.

I think the "1/4" cables are of better quality" argument is also bunk; if this is really an issue, you can make your own 1/8" cables to the exact specification you think your perfect game boy pro-sound cable should be.

If you want RCA Phono outputs, I've got a thing that is gonna blow your mind:

I can't believe I posted in this thread.

United States

I have gameboy color with mini XLR connector for audio output it is much better

Brunswick, GA USA
Telerophon wrote:

The stereo output of the game boy isn't balanced, so having balanced cables shouldn't matter.

I think the "1/4" cables are of better quality" argument is also bunk; if this is really an issue, you can make your own 1/8" cables to the exact specification you think your perfect game boy pro-sound cable should be.

The only thing I'd beware of is that if you plug something that large directly into the jack, it will have a tendency to get leverage and pry the jack off the printed circuit board, so I suggest putting something like that at the other end of an extension cord.

Agreeing with talk about wire- although the shielding may differ on a thicker wire, I used to run 100 ft. from 1/8 inch to my headphones to let me walk around.

washington
Boner wrote:

I have gameboy color with mini XLR connector for audio output it is much better

I ghetto rigged a cable that's 1/8 TRS on one side and XLR on the other. It's really useful.

Sydney, NSW

size.

that's all.

uhajdafdfdfa

well all the 1/8 inch cables i used were stereo and all the 1/4 inch cables i used were mono

maybe it doesn't have to be that way but i think that's how it always was for me

Sweden

1/8:
  Pros:
    * Small
    * Not big
  Cons:
    * Small
    * Not big

1/4:
  Pros:
    * Big
    * Not small
  Cons:
    * Big
    * Not small

NC in the US of America
ant1 wrote:

well all the 1/8 inch cables i used were stereo and all the 1/4 inch cables i used were mono

maybe it doesn't have to be that way but i think that's how it always was for me

Yeah, no, it doesn't have to be that way.

Austin, Texas
boomlinde wrote:

1/8:
  Pros:
    * Is 1/8"
  Cons:
    * Is not 1/4"

1/4:
  Pros:
    * Is 1/4"
  Cons:
    * Is not 1/8"

Chicago
Telerophon wrote:

Westfield, NJ

this thread is now about how annoying it is that RCA cables are so prevalent in the audio industry.

México, DF.

You won't see a lot of professional mixers with 1/8" inputs/outputs.

+

Czech republic

^ That's what I do.

Brunswick, GA USA

Inb4 banana plugs.