Chicago IL

So I'm using a scienceguy arduinoboy with mGB. The arduino boy used to light up and show me that it's receiving multiple notes at once,  but i updated to the newest version i found on the arduinoboy page. It can play on all channels, but only if the notes start at different times, and a new note on another channel with cancel out a note off. Any ideas?

I'm running mGB 1.3.3, arduinoboy code ver 1.2.3, Ableton 8.2.6

I tried to duplicate the problem you mention, but I can't seem to.  I'm using a Synthboy+.  The problem I'm having is there is a random note or mis-triggered note every 8-10 bars through CuBase, Live, Logic or Live.  It seems like a memory buffer issue, but I can't confirm that assumption. Otherwise the pitchbending of notes sounds right.

ad-hell-aide

what are you using for a MIDI interface?

little-scale wrote:

what are you using for a MIDI interface?

I have used a RME Fireface, various Motu interfaces and even cheap single usb to midi interfaces.
I have analyzed the data and I don't see any errant data when I monitor it.  Not sure if Saskrotch has
monitored the data for any data problems.

Chicago IL

I'm using a MIDI to USB cable, cause for some reason I can't even get the Arduinoboy to accept MIDI signals through my Alesis Photon X25. The thing is, I used to be able to get all this stuff to work. I don't use mGB very often, so this is a new problem, but it's definitely worked in the past.

Chicago IL

Another problem is that if there isn't a bit of space between two notes, it won't play the second note, so arps are basically impossible.

Actually if i put about 1/64th of a pause between each note I get an arp effect, but it drops some of the notes and sounds like poo.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/93359185/moGB%20moProllems.mp3 this is arps on channel 2, which lose notes by themselves, and then adding in channels 3 and 4, then taking them away.

Last edited by Saskrotch (Feb 25, 2013 5:56 am)

Chicago IL

Works the same on a GBC so it's not the DMG connector.

Curious to if you are using a DAW and what platform are you running it on (mac/pc)?

Chicago IL
DSC wrote:

Curious to if you are using a DAW and what platform are you running it on (mac/pc)?

Saskrotch wrote:

I'm running mGB 1.3.3, arduinoboy code ver 1.2.3, Ableton 8.2.6

on a mac, os 10.6.8

Chicago IL

It might be an Ableton problem, or at least figuring out MIDI because I'm having different but equally frustrating problems with little-scale's SMS midi interface

ad-hell-aide

It might be a USB to MIDI problem? Is that possible?

ad-hell-aide

Or like, Ableton && USB to MIDI... hmm

Chicago IL

Well, is there a way to figure out where the problem is?

ad-hell-aide

Do you have any other external MIDI gear that you could try with that particular MIDI interface?

Chicago IL

hmm i've got Alesis SR-16 that I never learned how to use

Czech republic

I'd first try older version of mGB if it worked before.