Hey guys,

I've been working on this sample chopping software called BeatCleaver for a while, and I've just releaed a big new update out that adds the #1 most requested feature - Time Stretching! big_smile

(BeatCleaver runs on both Windows and Mac OS X.)

Some of the new features in this release are:

• Time Stretching - uses a cutting-edge time stretching engine, which is great at preserving musical character in harmonic material as well as transients in drum beats (so everything stays punchy!)

• Drag Export Mode - you can drag slices right out of BeatCleaver now and into a folder, your desktop, or a DAW.

• FLAC Audio Support - everybody rips stuff to FLAC these days, so now you can sample and chop from FLAC files. heart

• Different WAVE export bit depths - you can now save your chops as 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit stereo WAVEs.

For all the gory details, hit up the release announcement on my blog!

What do you think? What would you like to see next in BeatCleaver?

Thanks guys!
Albert

Abandoned on Fire

This is great!  BeatCleaver gets almost as much use as Audacity for me.  Fantastic program and fantastic update!

Geneva, NY

AWWW YEAHH!

Milwaukee, WI

I'll have to try this with some field recordings I've been doing.  Piggy heaven!

hardcore, Australia

Drag export is an amazing feature.

Only feature I can think of would be to set up key mapping to each slice, so I can try bash out a beat and see if I like the cuts I've made.

Edit: or i could just try that and see that it already works.

Last edited by godinpants (Apr 5, 2013 1:06 am)