SEGA SWING

This EP is dedicated to my recent obsession with the late 80s/early 90s New Jack Swing genre, and with the light-bulb-going-off realization that many of the early Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games were heavily influenced by the same as well as the pop, dance, and funk sounds of the period. In a burst of inspiration I wrote this album in about a week, using game rips and drum samples from the period to intertwine what composers like Nakamura were trying to emulate within the confines of the system, which I've dubbed "Sega Swing".

Anyway, enough of that nonsense.

Tracklist:

1. I'm Here With You
2. The Running
3. LOUNGE
4. The Endless Loop
5. Mama Said...
6. I Can't Take (This Feeling)
7. Dance Fight! (bonus)
8. LOUNGE (bonus live play mix)

Download:

http://theflightaway.bandcamp.com/album/sega-swing

NC in the US of America

I keep seeing that insurance commercial with that Human League song "Human" in my head. Stupid hulu ads...

No, but this is really cool. I got chills when the instruments came in on the first track. Are you the guy who's been posting songs in the music section tagged as "new jack swing"? Edit: <-----stupid question.

Nice singing, too man. It's brings a modern touch to it all.

Edit: Um... but dude, how you gon' do a new jack swang tribute without an "urban" styled song, rapped bridge optional but preferable? Come on, brotha. That's where it all started, man. Get that R&B and Soul Funk and mix in some HIp-Hop beats and bam!

Edit: Edit: Hey, man, with the way this thread is going, you may be out of luck... sad

Last edited by SketchMan3 (May 9, 2013 4:18 pm)

detroit

the compositions are super groovy! im not sure about the vocals but everything sounds great, dude. ^u^

NC in the US of America

The vocals lack that 80's-90's smoovness (Rick Astley for lack of a better example), but it's about as good as anything I've heard here. I mean, averaging out all the singers who get a "good job" from the leets.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (May 9, 2013 6:45 pm)