Germany

could you share the links? a moment on google and ebay wielded no results.

Taichung, Taiwan

Get a Drag n Derp cart.

Germany

sure, just send me the money ;D

Taichung, Taiwan

Getting a job usually helps your situation.

Germany

I'm sure we don't need to deepen this conversation further.
This thread is not about getting a drag n derp cart, but about modifying existing carts to hold saves longer/more secure.

Jyväskylä, Finland

This might be interesting to read: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php … mp;t=38664
Edit: I checked Ems 64mb cart and of course it has different/smaller chip...

Last edited by Pale (Jun 21, 2013 8:20 am)

Germany

oh yes that awesome! big_smile ill have to look into my pocket music color and see if it would fit smile
thanks for the share!

Pale wrote:

This might be interesting to read: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php … mp;t=38664
Edit: I checked Ems 64mb cart and of course it has different/smaller chip...

Thats quite interesting indeed!
If someone finds a chip that goes into an EMS.. That'll be golden.

Germany

jup smile
@Pale: how many pins does the sram chip have and whats its name?

Germany

i quickly checked google to find replace sram without battery need for the ems cart... there seem to be some but they all start at 25$ per piece <.<
and considering that its not guaranteed that it works you may better get a drag n derp cart for a few more dollars.

so ill just keep backing up my ems cart save tongue

Sweeeeeeden

I started writing a long-ass post on this yesterday, which I haven't finished yet. Should I?

Germany

YES! big_smile

Lol at the guys that couldn't figure out why the clock doesn't work with no battery.

matt's mind

^ sort of did the same thing, and have erased a reply several times, needless to say the ramtron ICs are intriguing but there are some things which need to be addressed for more proper functioning (the IC isn't made for a 5V standard, for example)

i'm sure nitro2k01's write-up will cover this aspect and more.  i'm interested to read as well wink

Honestly I'm kind of surprised it works a solid volt above its window. I may order one of the ICs to play with.

The last post at that forum talks about a chip that was made to work at 5v, so that should work right?