Hello,

First of all, I am very new to the whole chipmusic-scene, so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions :-)

I just bought a Gameboy Micro (ebay) and a nanoloop cartridge (neither have arrived yet). My question is, can I use the USB charger cable for the GBM to transfer files to and from my PC to the GBM? Or do I need a different cable or something else?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IL, US

almost definitely not... if you have a nanoloop usb adapter, a gb micro link cable and a gb micro->gba/gbc link adapter you should be able to backup the nanoloop save data (i'd test it, but i sold my micros)... backing up is nice, and a good idea
i'm thinking you mostly just want to record the music though so you can share your tracks with people online.. if so, just record the audio output of your gb micro

Sweeeeeeden

Get a "Game Boy Micro converter connector". If you can find one nowadays.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/system … er.jsp#agb

That's just an adapter that would otherwise fit into an older GBA. You still need the Nanoloop adapter to complete the circuit:

nanoloop.de/midi/index.html

IL, US

i'm actually selling my micro link cables (with one of those adapters packaged with each cable as an unlisted bonus, since really have no use for them at this point) in this thread

Thanks for the help, guys.

e.s.c., I would be very interested in buying one of those cables + adapter. How much would it cost to ship one to Belgium? I would only buy it next month, though, since I've pretty much already spent my "pleasure" money for this month (I need the rest to pay bills and food and stuff smile )

IL, US

international shipping is super pricey these days, looks like it's about $15 for shipping, so that'd make it $20 total hmm
edit: i'd throw in some other stuff too, costs the same up to 16oz... make it a little more worthwhile

Last edited by e.s.c. (Sep 6, 2013 9:55 pm)

$20 is okay for me, but as I said, I would only buy it (beginning of) next month. Can you put one aside for me till then? What payment option do you choose? I would prefer PayPal, if possible.

IL, US

yeah, paypal is good

Cool! I'll give you a message when I'm into some more money again, and then we can work out the details. ok for you?

IL, US

yep, not a problem.. i figured you'd prefer the nintendo brand one, so i can hold that till sometime next month

Great! Thanks a lot!