Chicago IL, USA

Been on a bit of a hiatus for a while, and of course the logical comeback is a metal-chip album everyone will hate.
Everything except movie clips is chipsounds or videogame samples. Shout out to little-scale for that master system drum sample pack.
PAY WHAT YOU WANT

Chicago IL, USA

My obligatory 1 bump before never looking back plus review/interview from the chipwin blog.
http://www.8bitx.com/chiptuneswin/insid … eispixels/

South Korea

How did I miss this? I just started listening to the album, and I absolutely fucking LOVE what I'm hearing so far. Wow.

Chicago IL, USA

don't worry about it, only like 30 people have DL'd it, so most people missed it. Glad you like it, share with yr friends.

Canada

Love the album art:p
Sweet album, man!
I find it interesting when artists try and legitimize their "fakebit" work by saying its "legit chip." Man, this is a great album... I couldn't give one flying butthole if it had either modern or hardware sounds.
Don't forget that the demoscene (I guess you could call it the first form of chipmusic) 'mostly' sampled real sounds, not generated stuff:)
Good work on this. The kicks are unreal!

Outer Space

Awesome shit. Hope more people check this out.

Chicago IL, USA

Yeah I mean the choice to keep it as "legit chip as possible" wasn't really a "I gotta pretend I'm not making fakebit" and more of a "I've never done it this way before". The original drafts had more of a blend of non chip sounds, and it was a somewhat last minute decision to change it up. I much prefer using chipsounds because I can emulate a bunch of the hardware and not drop hundreds on the consoles, I also don't have to learn how to use any trackers. The whole EP was kind of just a fun experiment because I was unable to make music for a while.

Also that kick is all courtesy of little-scale's master system drum pack. Love that thing.

Thanks for the kind words duderz.

Canada

Hey, that's great:) Didn't mean to come off in a negative way... if I did. I have/use Chipsounds, too. It's epic.