United States

So I'm having issues with my GB flash cart and LSDJ.

I'm using a homemade usb cart reader that I bought from Jazz Disassemblies, I also have a GB Smart 32M and I use GB Cart Flasher v1.1.

Anyway, the issue I'm having is that my cartridge always has LSDJ on it, no matter what. But the ROM or the RAM is corrupt because if I press certain buttons in LSDJ, it crashes.

If I format the cart or put a different ROM on there, corrupt LSDJ always comes back.

I just wanted to be able to back up my .sav files to my PC. That's all I wanted to do.

According JazzMarazz, my cartridge isn't supported in the software.

Taichung, Taiwan

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the GB Smart 32M cart can really only be programmed via a Transferrer I or Transferrer II and you have to have a computer with a serial port.

I tried programming one before with a USB programmer, and I ran into the same issues as you. It says it erases the ROM/RAM and it "seems" like you can flash it, but in the end, it doesn't.

GB Smart 32M carts have been out of style for a long time. I suggest getting an EMS 64M USB Cart if you're tight on cash.

Melbourne

Yeah I had the same issues with my 32M cart and BennVenn's Joey Squinson reader (given, he said it wasn't compatible but I tried it anyway tongue ). It eventually allowed me to transfer a newer version of LSDJ on to my cart, but only after a lot of trial and error, and it's a little temperamental now.

Taichung, Taiwan

I think ASM Retro's flasher can flash 32m carts if you really need to.

Australia

Pselodux, I'll email you a firmware tonight with 32m support. Its still in its test phase as I don't have a 32m but hopefully you can confirm it? Also just bought windows 8.1 and installing now. Should have the 8.1 issue sorted tonight too

Melbourne

Ah man, you're a legend. I'll give it a shot, but I have a gig coming up in a few weeks so might try to be careful, or even hold off until then—I can backup the SRAM using the squinson without any problems so that's all I need at the moment!