Ardèche, France

Recently I've heard about the nanoloop USB-MIDI-Adaptor, so I initialy started writing this post just to ask differences between Arduinoboy and NanoLoop USB-thing. But I've figured out that I had too much questions that are not both related, so between posting it, I figured out that I prefer to rewrite everything.

It's been something like 6 month now that I'm documenting myself because I'm planning to make (an) arduinoboy(s). With some questions I was asking to myself, and after some researches, I've found contradictions between sources. But it could also be my fault, you have to keep in mind that english is not my native language, hon hon hon, y'know that I love baguettes (seriously, I've never heard someone in my frog-eater life laughting like "hon hon hon").

After writing all of this jsut below: "omg this is such a big list and I don't even know if I'm understandable. lol are i spik england korekt?".

1. Are LSDJ and the Nanoloop USB-thing(-with-dashes-in-the-name) are midi in AND out compatible?

2. Can an Arduinoboy be build to be connected with/as a USB-midi device?
    I've heard many times no.
    -But does rewriting the code of the arduinoboy will not even work?
    -Or, if this is a hardware problem, wouldn't a special shield or a PCB from any of those (cheap or not) midi-to-usb cables work?
    To finish with this question, I know that the Teensy can be easly programmed to make it work on usb. But the teensy is not as cheap as an Arduino, and I think the support community of the teensyboy is less active than the arduinoboy one, so if the USB-arduinoboy doesn't exist,
    -If this does not exist, is a USB-Arduinoboy project is a project to start?

3. Is there any way to make the Nanoloop USB-thing work without a "normal" computer (like desktop/laptop), like a "hardware that acts like the nanoloop computer driver"?
    If this is existing, it may contain Arduinos I suppose. I want to know,
    -If this does not exist, is this a project to start? (I mean, can a program for Arduino, Rasberry Pi or other things like that, do the job?)

4. What the Arduinoboy can do that the Naoloop USB-thing can't, and vice-versa?
    (besides that you can update nanoloop for the Nanoloop USB-thing, and that you don't have to use a conventional computer for the Arduinoboy to make it work)

5. Is a program compatible with the Arduinoboy will be by default compatible with the Nanoloop USB-blah-blah?
    (a.k.a. Are they using the same communication method?)

6. Is the Nanoloop USB-thing compatible with the DMG-01 link cables, or only the Pocket/Color ones?

7. (Little bit off-topic) Is there any DMG-01 to Pocket/Color link cable adapter that is not a cable? I mean, I know these cables which have the both connectors, but is there anything like the Nanoloop USB-thing that is not usb, but DMG female TO Pocket/Color male (or vice-versa)? You know, like the fat 6.35mm jack adapter for 3.5mm jacks? They would be cheaper than theses cables, I think.

If someone is able to answer all of my questions, great Scott! you're my lord!