Myrtle Beach, SC

I've been feeling like I have the absolute worst luck with gameboys lately. Recently, I sold a gameboy on ebay. It had vertical lines originally, but I fixed them all with no problem. I'm supposed to be shipping tomorrow, but upon turning it back on before I ship, there was one vertical line that came back. I tried to fix it, but it only came back if I used a huge amount of pressure on it, then when i let go, it came back. Now upon trying to pressure the cable with my soldering iron, even using a hairdryer, now this is what I have. Two columns, the two on the far right, that I can't get to come back, even temporarily, and a few lines that probably could come back if I tried, but still. Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to issue a refund to the buyer, so I need to find a way to fix it.

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/629/d … ing-guide/

Myrtle Beach, SC

I've done that...

Whitley Bay, England

Use a soldering iron, rather than a hairdryer. I lost about 40% of my screen, but managed to fix it no problem with my soldering iron

Myrtle Beach, SC

That's was my first instinct, however, that's what caused the two huge columns that I now have after only having one line. I'm supposed the pressure the iron where the black strip used to be, right?

Abandoned on Fire

You don't need any extra pressure from the iron, make sure you sweep it all the way to edge of the ribbon.  Your screen will probably discolor but don't worry it comes right back.  It may take several tries before all the lines stay on after everything has cooled down.  Expect each try to take around 3 minutes (with a pre-heated iron).

Myrtle Beach, SC

Am I supposed to sweep vertically?

Abandoned on Fire

I put the iron right against the bottom of the glass and all the way left to right continuously.

Myrtle Beach, SC

alright, even if the problem is just isolated to the right side?

rochester

i did this the other day, it's easy as pie.