Very popular editor which was used by (among others) Laxity, Drax, Mitch & Dane and of course JCH, now ported
to Win32 & Linux, with added reSID-FP emulation for highly accurate sound. (see changelog for command line)

Personally JCH scares the heck out of me (just like SDI does) and it's even more hex-filled than GoatTracker so if
you don't like that one you'll really not like this one. smile

Downloads

uhajdafdfdfa

more choice = better
big_smile

Psydney, Australia

At least now I can *try* to see how Drax made those bass sounds.

Milwaukee, WI

I thought it stated very specifically to keep JCH a secret! Would this count?

RG wrote:

I thought it stated very specifically to keep JCH a secret! Would this count?

it's a very badly kept secret

PARIS

even if the proggie is "public" now.. its usage remains a mystery for many tongue

goonzy wrote:

even if the proggie is "public" now.. its usage remains a mystery for many tongue

From what I've heard it's quite a forward thinking driver model, much room for expansion almost like sending extended midi commands.  Which is why the editors remain fairly constant and it's just the drivers that get updated.

iLLke wrote:

At least now I can *try* to see how Drax made those bass sounds.

The depacker is available for some fat years by now smile Like, was there in 90's

You still need depacked tune for CC anyway :-)

goonzy wrote:

even if the proggie is "public" now.. its usage remains a mystery for many

You just need some doc http://noname.c64.org/csdb/getinternalf … _guide.zip

Also, wait out for newer CC.  The player will be even better. smile

Psydney, Australia
booker wrote:

The depacker is available for some fat years by now smile Like, was there in 90's

Yes well it was available for c=64, but only now there's a windows version as well?

Ironically, it won't work unless you place a dummy file called "CLEAN20G4.bin" in the same folder with unpack.exe. Took me a while to figure that one out! big_smile

booker wrote:

Also, wait out for newer CC. The player will be even better. smile

Yay!

Btw, is there a way to test an instrument without entering notes in the tracks?
Also, is there undo? I often overwrite pattern data accidentally.

iLKke, I didn't use windows depacker for JCH (didn't even know it exists, he he).

As for undo I'm not sure. Prooly not. :-) But you can always mail Abaddon with your suggestions.

Last edited by booker (Nov 24, 2011 10:00 am)

Psydney, Australia

Yeah sadly undo is usually a bitch to implement.

You can DL the depacker from the cheesecutter DL page, here:
http://koti.kapsi.fi/~ttaipalus/ccutter/

Also there's heaps of depacked tunes as well smile

Ah right, Abad's depacker wink

Psydney, Australia

Just noticed version 2.2.6a is out as of 2-3-2012.

Version 2 is no longer copatible with JCH editor because it adds tons of new features (see the link below).
Latest build apparently also has some rudimentary mouse support (!) so I recommend checking it out.

As usual, the link for DL and release notes is http://koti.kapsi.fi/~ttaipalus/ccutter/

Yeah and that's a good thing because Abad now can (already did) add nice features to it smile

New York City

Somehow I missed this. Nice! An alternative to GT is welcomed.