Philly, PA, USA

http://nanoloop.com/advance/versions.html

Oliver wrote:

What's New

The current version 2.5 is a minor update to its predecessor 2.3. Functions, design and file format are the same, except for the following differences:

- More accurate nanolooop-to-nanoloop sync
- "Load on first beat" option for loading patterns
- Preview load in song editor also loads empty patterns
- Pattern length in song not fixed to 16 steps
- Song can start immediately or in sync with current pattern

2.5 carts contain a new flash chip. The 2.5 software is compatible with the new chip and the old one, so it can be installed on 2.2 / 2.3 carts, too.

I've also found that when you press select when it starts up instead of doing just a greyscale version, it inverts whites and blacks, but keeps the pink of the squares.

There's also an update rom so if you have a GBA flash cart you can load the update rom on there and then just use that like you would in the cart to cart update process described on the page. I tried it and it works perfectly.

Tokyo, Japan

Blimey!

I take it the 2.5 update rom cannot be ran stand-alone on something like Visual Boy Advance, right?

matt's mind

will have in shop soon,

can't wait to get my hands on it myself and fool around a bit...

Philly, PA, USA
cheapshot wrote:

Blimey!

I take it the 2.5 update rom cannot be ran stand-alone on something like Visual Boy Advance, right?

I wouldn't imagine so, it relies on the hardware, basically you run it on one, and then switch the carts. So probably not. :\

Tokyo, Japan

No doubt.

Would be nice to see nanoloop offered as a ROM version like LSDJ though.

Milwaukee, WI

Awesome!  I was holding out on getting 2.3 because I was afraid a new version would be released soon!  Good to know Kitsch will have them.

Philly, PA, USA
cheapshot wrote:

No doubt.

Would be nice to see nanoloop offered as a ROM version like LSDJ though.

Yeah, but at the same time the hardware of the actual carts is really nice, and I personally really like having one cart as one program. A choice would be nice but it would be hard to make a profit selling the rom.

Oh fuck. Now I have a reason to buy 2.X

If any of the TKO crew gets this, give me a bell.. would like to update smile

New York, New York

Last edited by Esopus-dragon (May 3, 2011 3:46 pm)

Tokyo, Japan
mk wrote:

If any of the TKO crew gets this, give me a bell.. would like to update smile

Me too. one of my feature requests made it in!

Edit, i might be able to do this on my flash cart

Last edited by Lazerbeat (May 3, 2011 7:32 am)

Let me know Dave..
And let's jam

Tokyo, Japan

too right

IL, US

so this doesn't kill 2.3 song data? hmmm has anyone had a chance to upgrade their cart? worried about the compatability of 2.3 songs in 2.5 enough that i wont upgrade until a few other people try it first

Tokyo, Japan

I will try and dig out my flashcard this week and report.

New York, New York

So, I can update Nanoloop 2.3 with my GBA flash cart. I don't know why that didn't occur to me before.