Philly, PA, USA
e.s.c. wrote:

so this doesn't kill 2.3 song data? hmmm has anyone had a chance to upgrade their cart? worried about the compatability of 2.3 songs in 2.5 enough that i wont upgrade until a few other people try it first

I upgraded using an EZ Flash IV, no problems, no data loss, songs sound exactly the same.

Esopus-dragon wrote:

So, I can update Nanoloop 2.3 with my GBA flash cart. I don't know why that didn't occur to me before.

Because I don't believe that's ever been an option before smile

IL, US
pixls wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

so this doesn't kill 2.3 song data? hmmm has anyone had a chance to upgrade their cart? worried about the compatability of 2.3 songs in 2.5 enough that i wont upgrade until a few other people try it first

I upgraded using an EZ Flash IV, no problems, no data loss, songs sound exactly the same.

Esopus-dragon wrote:

So, I can update Nanoloop 2.3 with my GBA flash cart. I don't know why that didn't occur to me before.

Because I don't believe that's ever been an option before smile

haha, it was, you could do it update 2.2 to 2.3 or just upgrade the version of 2.3 (if oliver or someone else hooked you with a new rom or mb)
not widely known though, like the fact that you can grab the 128 Mbit ROM off the orig nanoloop 2.3 cart (which will include all your sved data) and run it ot off a flash cart like you could the demo ROM (no saving, extra keypresses required to boot), but it would have all your songs in it, kinda nice for those who like to drink while playing live so you dont risk saving over a loop smile
never got restoring that rom & save data to the orig cart to work, sadly (tried the software oliver had recommended, that corrupted the rom, & cart swap method using a flash cart= just doesnt work)

Philly, PA, USA
e.s.c. wrote:

haha, it was, you could do it update 2.2 to 2.3 or just upgrade the version of 2.3 (if oliver or someone else hooked you with a new rom or mb)
not widely known though, like the fact that you can grab the 128 Mbit ROM off the orig nanoloop 2.3 cart (which will include all your sved data) and run it ot off a flash cart like you could the demo ROM (no saving, extra keypresses required to boot), but it would have all your songs in it, kinda nice for those who like to drink while playing live so you dont risk saving over a loop smile
never got restoring that rom & save data to the orig cart to work, sadly (tried the software oliver had recommended, that corrupted the rom, & cart swap method using a flash cart= just doesnt work)

Huh, interesting, how would one go about pulling a ROM off of a cart though?

IL, US

Flash2advanceusb linker

yo dave, get off ableton

Tokyo, Japan

Okies, I got the update working but

"Load on first beat" option for loading patterns

Doesnt seem mentioned in the manual unless I am being really REALLY stupid. I do this how?

Edit - OK, a + b and up. I am teh fail.

Last edited by Lazerbeat (May 26, 2011 2:19 pm)

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Hey Lazerbeat, you have 2.5? mine came with a couple of bugs sad, i just can't trigger on first beat all the pattern at once, that thing is really annoying me!

matt's mind

2.5 is a little buggy right now, but thats being corrected. 

try updating the ROM, the instructions can be found on 2.5's page on the nanoloop.com site.  the update ROM is more-than-likely an updated version of the one on your cartridge.

this is why they've been sitting in a drawer, 'coming soon,' for the last bit for us hmm   just a little buggy, and oliver is working this out now wink

Tokyo, Japan
Analog wrote:

Hey Lazerbeat, you have 2.5? mine came with a couple of bugs sad, i just can't trigger on first beat all the pattern at once, that thing is really annoying me!

I am not sure if that is a bug or a feature? But yeah mine is the same.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

yeah, oliver told me that it came with this known bugs. i'll need the USB cable to update the rom. i guest i just have to wait then.

Bristol

I just got my updated cart back from Oliver. Can't wait to bust out the new Sync options. It seems like all the features I was banging on about (start loops at the start of the beat, boot song mode into a sync mode) are all there, which is awesome for me, I really hope the MIDI sync is as good, will test it after work. Also I was expecting to have lost all my songs but they live! This maybe a good or bad thing...