UK

I`d first like to apologise for another of these posts, but i really want to make chip tune music.
I`ve read guides on here and on the net, but find it so confusing where to start.
I mean i was reading a certain guide on here but got confused, i won`t describe why as i don't want to offend the author.

The may reasons i`m confused is, Do i need to be a (good) programmer to make CTM?How would i make music from an old console?(does it damage the console?).And how do these tracker softwares work?

It`s frustrating that i can`t get no where as i love chip tune music, i keep humming the old theme from James Pond:Robocod on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis, the song on the first level lol:-D.
Can someone really break it down in layman's terms, as to what i`ve got to do please.
Thanks a million.

Tokyo, Japan

Have you tried reading this?

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/3988/ … hip-music/

Should answer most of your questions

Brazil

That link anwers most of your questions for now smile

Milwaukee, WI

Stop. Please.

Just stop.

UK

Yup, thanks for the reply btw but this is one of the posts i got confused with, as it says
"› 3 - Chipmusic for Classic consoles on Classic consoles
› 4 - Chipmusic for classic computers on a classic computer"

I don`t want to make it for a console, i want to make it in general so i could put it on video sharing sites etc,and it doesn`t really explain how to get started.
And i also thought you do chipmusic on a normal modern computer.

Tokyo, Japan
N9T9F14K3 wrote:

Yup, thanks for the reply btw but this is one of the posts i got confused with, as it says
"› 3 - Chipmusic for Classic consoles on Classic consoles
› 4 - Chipmusic for classic computers on a classic computer"

I don`t want to make it for a console, i want to make it in general so i could put it on video sharing sites etc,and it doesn`t really explain how to get started. And i also thought you do chipmusic on a normal modern computer.

Well, your own post would seem to indicate link 3 and link 4 are not relevant for you so don't read them. Avoid the confusion.

Try clicking this

"‹ 1 - Chipmusic on a Modern PC"

I just edited that to make things EVEN clearer.

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Jul 26, 2011 4:00 pm)

New York City

Video sharing?? Aren't you making MUSIC?

Geneva, NY

I think the lazerbeat link is all this thread needed.