matt's mind

from the newsletter

hey everybody -

a krikzz package arrived today, both USB and non-USB super-everdrives are back in the shop:

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/super-everdrive

(version 1.6)

have a great weekend, and keep chipping!

matt

thanks!

matt's mind

USA

OMG! that looks awesome!

(And it looks like some highly skilled person must have spent a lot of time making that custom fullscreen static image GB ROM for you.)

USA

^_^

(I'm actually the highly skilled person who made that custom fullscreen static image GB ROM. But it really looks awesome, right?)

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Oct 14, 2011 3:09 am)

matt's mind

yeah, i was really happy to way it looked in person big_smile 

looks very awesome!

Matthew Joseph Payne

I SEE THAT PHOTOSHOP THERE

I'm so excited to debut these at the Faire! big_smile

matt's mind

oh, damn, i totally meant to send you the image earlier tongue  i think i started the email and then shut my work comp down hmm

matt's mind

these will go on sale tomorrow @ 1PM EST (18:00 UTC) on the website, which is 10AM PST if you're visiting the PulsewaveSF booth at East Bay Mini Maker Faire!

Matthew Joseph Payne

I should have at least one installed by then. Very excited. The new design is genius!

matt's mind

i'm doing the installation tutorial right now.  i'll email you the direct link when i get done.  won't post it (as it spoils the features list) until tomorrow ...

matt's mind

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/ledx3

installation documentation is posted as well!

Matthew Joseph Payne

I had the pleasure of installing two of these today, and instructing someone else in the install of a third. They look fantastic, and they're a cinch to put in thanks to the built in resistor. A++ WILL install again.

USA

I just installed one of the new Pink LEDx3(VB) backlights into one of my Black DMGs and it looks f*cking amazing.

The LEDx3(VB) backlight was much easier to install than any other backlight that I've used and I will definitely be putting LEDx3(VB) backlights into my other DMGs.

(I also like how you don't have to remove the Battery LED, how you don't need to solder a resistor onto the positive wire, how you the wires are extra long so you can choose where you want to solder them to the DMGs PCB, and how nothing wiggles around because the polarized film is attached to the backlight and both sides of the plastic that holds the LCD in place are left intact.)

Thank you so much Kitsch!

(I wish there were an easier way to remove the film from the DMGs LCD because this is always the hardest part when installing any backlight.)

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Oct 18, 2011 4:12 am)

The polarized film idea came to me because I was getting sick of trying to get rid of specks of dust under the LCD. I'm really glad we were able to do that. Getting dust out from under the LCD is the most difficult part about backlighting to me, even with compressed air.

I think the improvements were well worth the wait.

Texas

+1 that looks awesome! Nice job, gents!

I installed these into a couple MGBs today. They install incredibly well. The built in resistor makes it very easy, same with the built in polarized film.

No glue needed, no cutting of anything. The wires are long enough to reach the regulator too.

I'll make a tutorial if anyone wants to lend an MGB to me. Or if anyone wants to donate/sell/trade me one.

gmail: apeshitmods

Last edited by Apeshit (Oct 25, 2011 2:02 am)