Abandoned on Fire

Link:  http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/84619 … ccess=true

Short Summary:

My name is Jay Ruzicka and I am the hopeful producer/director of a short documentary on a musician named Optimus Chad. Optimus Chad is the pseudonym of a masked rock musician in Upstate NY. His instrument of choice? A Nintendo Gameboy.

The music is called chiptune. Years after vintage gaming systems were replaced by their HD counterparts, thousands of musicians nationwide are still creating synthesized electronic music.

Optimus Chad creates a thrash metal sound inspired by imagery of robotic warfare and musical influences stemming from everything from hardcore to death metal. He has released several albums and has performed in numerous live shows in New York State. One of the only chiptune artists in his area of Albany, NY, Optimus Chad is the community's introduction to the genre.

But who is behind the mask? How does he make his music? And why a Nintendo Gameboy? Just who is the chip tune community? This documentary seeks to find these answers and more.

I have directed nearly two dozen short films and am a co-host on the popular film podcast "The Everything Film Show" (theeverythingfilmshow.com). I'm an RIT graduate with a BFA in Film & Animation. Recently have worked as an intern on the Animal Planet Show "North Woods Law" and have shot and edited for the popular webseries "Super Knocked Up." This film, which will be shot on a Canon 60D, will be shot over the course of 2012 with an expected release of late 2012 or early 2013.

Last edited by egr (Mar 29, 2012 3:35 pm)