西安
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

I'm in Stockton (re. Hell) right now, but I'll get right on it as soon as I get home.

Oh god, I feel your pain. One week of that city was plenty for me.

Let me know what the status of my SNES is, if you get the chance. Good luck with projects!

Kyle, Tx

Hey I recognize that face logo from a youtube video I saw. Was that you with the contrast dial that would invert the screen? Did you ever figure out why it did that if that was you?

Santa Cruz, California
IndigoChild wrote:

Hey I recognize that face logo from a youtube video I saw. Was that you with the contrast dial that would invert the screen? Did you ever figure out why it did that if that was you?

Yeah, that was me.
No, I still have no idea why it did that.

Santa Cruz, California
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

So, here's what I've been doing instead of making custom hardware:

My Latest Gravity Bike!

More from the realm of "I haven't done shit with my keyboard recently"
My gravity bike is nearly complete.

Fear not. I'll get back to work in the near future.

Kyle, Tx

LUCKY SUNOVADUCK!!!

I cant wait to get out to austin so I can ride a gravity bike, What material are you using for the frame?

Santa Cruz, California
IndigoChild wrote:

LUCKY SUNOVADUCK!!!

I cant wait to get out to austin so I can ride a gravity bike, What material are you using for the frame?

Well, this started out as a prototype (just to test the geometry for the sake of handling) so it's made out of sc-20 galvanized steel (think fence posts).
The frame turned out to be incredibly strong, so I just kept building it.

I plan on welding gussets in all the corners (just for my sanity) and I have a fairing in development right now.

Kyle, Tx

Excelent, I think a heavier gravity bike is better anyways, some of those galvanized pipes can weigh a ton. Kind of curious, are you going to make weight rings on the wheels too? Momentum will keep you soaring longer.

Santa Cruz, California

Weighted wheels compromise the handling.
I am, however, casting a weight out of lead that will be bolted to the bottom rail, and can be slid forward or back to adjust the balance of the bike.

Santa Cruz, California

Alright. Here's a couple shots of a fresh build.
Yeah, it's not a gameboy or my keyboard, but there will be a corresponding DMG to go along with it.
Just look at what I have going on so far... you just know I'm up to no good wink

Straya Mate

Hayao Miyazaki heart

That looks like it'll turn out beast!

Last edited by DaRkO (Aug 24, 2013 9:57 am)

Santa Cruz, California
DaRkO wrote:

Hayao Miyazaki heart

That looks like it'll turn out beast!

Here's hoping...
I'm still trying to pick out some colors that'll fit my theme, and trying to scare up a few greeblies to strategically stick on it.

Santa Cruz, California

Here's some more progress from my NES build.

I'll get started on the corresponding DMG as soon as I source some parts.

Matthew Joseph Payne

hawt

Santa Cruz, California

I decided to go with a knob for the power instead of the industrial lookin' switch I salvaged.
The knob will control the power as well as the intensity/brightness of the internal lighting that will be installed in the not-too-distant future.

Feedback?

washington

looks super industrial in the good way.

also you've gotten me interested in gravity bikes. haha

Santa Cruz, California

Spent a little time setting more little screws in the trim.
I also did some cleanup, and added a glass jewel to the front panel for the power light.
This light will not be controlled by the pot, so when it's on, it's just on. No brightness control.