Los Angeles, CA

What is up with this idea everyone has in their head that the internet forums they like to visit are "public" places where they have full free speech and shouldn't be moderated in the slightest? I mean, you guys do realize that someone pays for this site to exist, right? This site has an owner, and the owner trusts certain people to make sure this forum sucks less than it could. I disagree with some of the things the mods do or don't do but ultimately, if you really dislike the way the site is headed, I can send some virtual suitcases your way so you can move the fuck on down the road, if you like.

Also, that thread was ridiculous. It might have been interesting if you were engaged in it, but as an outsider I tell you that it was pretty much an overly dramatic pile of rancid feces.

Wizwars wrote:

What is up with this idea everyone has in their head that the internet forums they like to visit are "public" places where they have full free speech and shouldn't be moderated in the slightest? I mean, you guys do realize that someone pays for this site to exist, right? This site has an owner, and the owner trusts certain people to make sure this forum sucks less than it could. I disagree with some of the things the mods do or don't do but ultimately, if you really dislike the way the site is headed, I can send some virtual suitcases your way so you can move the fuck on down the road, if you like.

Also, that thread was ridiculous. It might have been interesting if you were engaged in it, but as an outsider I tell you that it was pretty much an overly dramatic pile of rancid feces.

This.