vancouver, canada

but also

i will never forget the time i played something live for the first time at a blip pre-party open mic.   i hadn't met any chipscene people yet, for the 1st half hour or so i was too timid to introduce myself to anyone and i was mostly ignored.  but right after my name was drawn and i played, all sorts of people from the crowd came out of the woodwork to greet me. 

i specifically remember some lumbering big-haired hulk of a dude charging at me to shake my hand and then realizing it was derris-kharlan.  simultaneously i felt 1) humbled that this guy even knew who i was beforehand, and 2) fock am i going to die in the next 30 seconds.  it was pretty surreal.

Matthew Joseph Payne

The Glowing Stars got to play our first show opening for Anamanguchi thanks to Morgan from Crashfaster, because he believed in us. If that wasn't already enough, the audience picked me up during Anamanaguchi's set and I was suddenly crowdsurfing. When I was deposited on the stage, my wallet and phone were missing... and they were handed up to me before I even realized they were gone. That's chipscene love, right there.

Robotcity, the year 20XX
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

I love how everyone gets butthurt over everything all the time.

I love this guy.

I'm loving this thread.

my mom's basement

I love the community when people aren't on their man-periods and actually talk about music.

LOL JK THAT NEVAR HAPPENS

Montreal, Canada

I felt love that one time I joined a forum full of jaded sarcastic assholes who all suddenly grew a vagina

my mom's basement

There is nothing wrong with growing a vagina.

Boulder, CO
Men of Mega wrote:
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

I love how everyone gets butthurt over everything all the time.

I love this guy.

heart

Seattle, WA

When basically everyone in seattle signed my hat.

Also nick from orbital strike lecturing me on f commands. That was cool.

Tokyo, Japan

1 - Australia

2 - Blip Tokyo was an out of control love fest 3 years in a row

bryface wrote:

lumbering big-haired hulk of a dude

This HAS to be his album title.

South Korea

I felt love when listening and spazzing out to the music, and when I discovered that some people in the community are actually pretty cool...some...not the ones with newly sprouted vaginas (as n00bstar so eloquently put it).

Nottingham, UK

I love how people who make great stuff will actually discuss their techniques instead of hoarding them like precious gems.

I would love to read what Saskrotch would post to this thread:)

Chicago

When a couple of different people from the datathrash crew told me they wished i was at blip this last year to chill. In person, I have only met four people outside of denver that do chip, and none of them were there. That was pretty surreal.
When I played in philly last october. SKGB and friends were rad dudes and dudettes
When someone said the recording of that set was one of their favorite releases last year. damn humbling to hear that
When people have real discussions. People care here. I'd rather have options than a hive mind

England

all the cock at blip 08

canada

i love my friends the chiptune : }