shanghai
Saskrotch wrote:

you seem to know the labels already, why dont you just send your stuff to them and see what they say?

Tokyo, Japan

ALso here is a big list of net labels.

http://woolyss.com/chipmusic-netlabels.php

Read the list, find net labels you like, send them your tracks.

edit - clarified topic title btw

Chicago IL, USA

yo this is some good shit. Just do self release, labels are kinda pointless imo. If the rest of your release is just as good, I'm sure you wouldn't have a hard time getting exposure and $$$$$$$$.

greece
SadPanda wrote:

yo this is some good shit. Just do self release, labels are kinda pointless imo. If the rest of your release is just as good, I'm sure you wouldn't have a hard time getting exposure and $$$$$$$$.

I don't care about money bro...All i need is to be coverd by copyrights...For example if anybody use my music on youtube i need his video to get down or something...
Few weeks ago someone took one of my tracks and he changed the title...
This is what i care mostly...

Sweden
warez Ozy wrote:
SadPanda wrote:

I don't care about money bro...All i need is to be coverd by copyrights...For example if anybody use my music on youtube i need his video to get down or something...
Few weeks ago someone took one of my tracks and he changed the title...
This is what i care mostly...

Your work is copyright protected by default in most of the world. There's no need to sign anything or even explicitly state it anywhere, you're already covered by the moment you start distributing your work.

I guess if you want the copyright to be enforced actively, I can't think of any chipmusic label that will be able do a better job than yourself.

The primary function of small labels in general leans more towards promoting the music they release in one way or another. This ranges from actively promoting with PR campaigns and press releases to simply putting it up there with a bunch of similar music where people are more likely to look for it.

So you shouldn't be looking for "a" netlabel as much as "the" netlabel for your release.

ohgodno, Indiana

I guess if you want the copyright to be enforced actively, I can't think of any chipmusic label that will be able do a better job than yourself.

The primary function of small labels in general leans more towards promoting the music they release in one way or another. This ranges from actively promoting with PR campaigns and press releases to simply putting it up there with a bunch of similar music where people are more likely to look for it.

So you shouldn't be looking for "a" netlabel as much as "the" netlabel for your release.

True, You can just get the copyrights yourself, ive done atleast 10 random albums/EPs most of witch not threw netlabels... Dont really find them to be necessary unless u want random CC from a group you feel 'you go along with well.' Mainly just network the crap outta your work because in the long run thats all that most labels do...Yes I know it gives u that fuzzy feeling to see ______released by __label but u can honestly do it all on ur own.

babylon

i like this netlabel

dramacore.com

edit: dis one too

dex.ae

Last edited by walter b. gentle (Apr 3, 2013 3:40 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA

In the big money world, record labels aren't who administer or exploit copyright, publishers are.

Seattle, WA US

You should send it over to Victory Records I think they'd love it

rochester, ny
boaconstructor wrote:

You should send it over to Victory Records I think they'd love it