Jellica wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

pretty sure chipocrite just has one of the pulse channels in lsdj play a 50% square wave and sends that to the sync in of his monotribe.

i use the noise channel, tried with the pulse but it wasnt as solid. would prefer to lose a pulse channel over the noise.

sorry about the off topic post but...

I got a monotribe last night just to be able to test out all the cool stuff that can be done. that new upgrade to allow cv/gate through an iphone trrs jack was too good to pass up. a headphone jack is right around 5volts so It's just a matter of building a max patch to turn midi to cv. Long story short keyboard control with no mods to the unit. if I'm right, I can save those samples to sunvox and I can control the thing from an android console with no mods to the unit.

/nerdgasm

Sweden
nickmaynard wrote:
basspuddle wrote:

it's only $150 for an analog drum machine, i think they'd have to cut some features out somewhere.

For sure, and it still looks awesome.

Maybe someone who knows more about this could help but I would have thought 8 patterns x 16 steps would equal 16 bytes, right? Meanwhile, this forum post is around 500 bytes. Can someone who knows more about bits and bytes comment on this?

For the drummer, with 6 parts you'd ideally only need 6 * 16 bits (12 bytes) of storage for the pattern data. You would need an additional nybble I guess if you want to store something like pattern length, too.

It doesn't necessarily have to be anything other than an artificial limitation, but 8 * 12 bytes would for example mean you could leave a 32 byte scratch area free in a microcontroller with 128b RAM (ATTINY for example), but since the other two units probably need to store much more data than that, I doubt that's the case. It would be more likely that they used the same microcontroller in all units.

Sweden
9H05T wrote:

I got a monotribe last night just to be able to test out all the cool stuff that can be done. that new upgrade to allow cv/gate through an iphone trrs jack was too good to pass up. a headphone jack is right around 5volts so It's just a matter of building a max patch to turn midi to cv. Long story short keyboard control with no mods to the unit. if I'm right, I can save those samples to sunvox and I can control the thing from an android console with no mods to the unit.

/nerdgasm

Most sound cards are AC coupled. Either way, you could easily build a circuit to get around that. You should have a look at http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/silentway.html

Last edited by boomlinde (Apr 11, 2013 6:11 pm)

thanks boomlinde,

more to build but worth it to control tiny things with other tiny things.

glad I have an alias as my electronics teacher would be rolling his eyes. I'm out of practice.

Last edited by 9H05T (Apr 11, 2013 10:09 pm)

slo

here's video of a volca jam http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/34163487?rmalang=en_US two hours long

N.E. U.S.

Korg recently released thes videos so I guess its not long until they release them. Seems they are already out in Japan.

Can't wait to hear some acid house. I'm actually really interested in the volca keys. Seems like it could be a really great starting synth for the price and it still has many great features! I'm really wondering at the volca keys' range in the bass area and how the filter sounds down there too.

Murcia, Spain

The Bass is here!!

I still haven't played much with it, but the hour or so I've used it has given me a very good impression. The sound is quite good! Well, at least in my opinion (take into account this is my first synth ever).

By the way, does anyone know how to change the notes that play when you press the different keys? I heard you can switch between fifths, scales, and things like that.

detroit

god I want one of those so fucking bad. do you have the resources to test the midi? I'm very curious how well the midi in works.

Last edited by barbeque (Oct 26, 2013 7:36 pm)

Gosford, Australia

^ jealous

BK

I have the beats and I'm really enjoying it so far. Can't wait to start spitting MIDI to it though.

Murcia, Spain
barbeque wrote:

god I want one of those so fucking bad. do you have the resources to test the midi? I'm very curious how well the midi in works.

What I'm lacking now is a MIDI cable, but be sure that I'll plug it to my piano as soon as I get it!
I don't know if that's what you want to know about or DAW sync and such.

San Francisco

maybe one day my beats will come in... i swear... i am never ordering from guitarcenter again.

Murcia, Spain

I tried yesterday Nitro's trick to sync our DMG to a Monotribe, but in the Volca Bass. The result is pretty satisfying. It does sync well, and when you press Start on the Game Boy, the sequencer starts running too, very nice. However, there are some glitches once in a while (not while playing), like when you press start and the volca's sequencer starts a "beat" later.
Anyways, I loved to have the percussion going on LSDJ while messing about with the Volca. SO COOL.

^It's so cool huh? Nitro is seriously the mannnn

detroit
DogTag wrote:
barbeque wrote:

What I'm lacking now is a MIDI cable, but be sure that I'll plug it to my piano as soon as I get it!
I don't know if that's what you want to know about or DAW sync and such.

im just curious how well midi cc commands work on that bad boy.

IL, US

midi charts are online.. beats seems low on midi cc, but the other two look good http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/USA … hart_E.pdf
http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/USA … hart_E.pdf
http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/USA … hart_E.pdf