Psydney, Australia

DigiBooster Pro is a different program from DigiBooster 1.7, it can do up to 128 channels.

The Rubber Man

Pro - yes of course - I didn't notice it.

Anyway. I gave up. Will stick to 4ch after all. Making techno-rave without volumes is impossible for me now, haha. Truly I got soft within years, as 20 years ago we were making some 6ch and 8ch techno modules on OctaMED after all. wink Without using volume commands. wink

4ch it is.

Thx, all.

Milwaukee, WI

Excited to hear it as always.

Bratislava, Slovakia

I also used DigiBooster to compose 8 channel main theme in game The Strangers (published by Vulcan Software in 1997) and I translated guide from polish to slovak language, so creators Tap a Walt Piaszta allowed me to use replay routine. But for most cases i never used more than classic 4 channels (ingame music was 2 channel because 2 was used for sound effects), basically i composed something in ProTracker and then imported it to DB.

Last edited by martin_demsky (Dec 19, 2013 3:17 pm)

The Rubber Man

TSC: thx a lot for all da help dude. Most appreciated. We - old people - need it periodically. wink

Martin: where is the MP3 with it!?!?!?! smile

nowhere

I've used octamed, protracker and ahx on various amigas since the 90's.

The Rubber Man

Well, finally today I finished testing the standard Amiga 500 (well, with 1Mb of ChipRam) and the OctaMED in 8-channels mode.
http://battleofthebits.org/arena/Entry/ … 00)/12010/
(Only "LISTEN" function works for the non-registered users, sorry).

Doesn't sounds _that_ bad after all. However the sound is audibly worse then 4channels indeed.

Also lack of the volumes was a bitch.

But it was fun anyway. wink

Seville (Spain)

I'm back to tracking with OctaMED Soundstudio, but my A600 apollo620 8mb is still broken and I use WinUAE instead. I hope it will be repaired soon...

my last remix (and many others in /adrdesign)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CROLbnYH28w

since 1995 wink

Psydney, Australia

I've been protracking on an a500 then a1200 since around 92 til early 2000s. You know, demoscene and stuff.

Now I've got an a1200 again but I have yet to fit it with an SD card

The Rubber Man

Adrdesign: a good song by the way.

iLKke: SD card for A1200? Strange. I have two cards for it but both are the CF ones.

Psydney, Australia

Riiight. Could be CF then smile
I have an adapter that is still in my drawer as I"m missing some cables.

Sweden

You can use SD->IDE adapters as well, or SD->PCMCIA (but not for booting of course). I have the latter installed smile

Psydney, Australia
boomlinde wrote:

You can use SD->IDE adapters as well, or SD->PCMCIA (but not for booting of course). I have the latter installed smile

But I DO want to boot from the card! yikes
I thought these things worked just like a hard drive. Guess I'll find out.

Sweden

Well, what I mean is that you can't boot from PCMCIA. An IDE adapter will be fine for booting, but it depends on the type and the card, but this one is fine for example: http://www.vesalia.de/e_sdide44adapter.htm smile
In my case I have an internal CF card that I boot from, and I use the SD PCMCIA adapter to transfer files (you can hot swap it like a floppy)

The Rubber Man

iLKke:

yes they do but connected into another port.
When You want to boot from it, You have to put the card inside the computer - instead of the actual HDD.
Possibly You'd require a small adapter "small IDE=>CF".
If I recall.
The small IDE was the one present also in laptops.

The Rubber Man

Argh, Boomlinde was faster. wink