shanghai
n00bstar wrote:

Nobody makes a beat, puts a prefab rap track from an established rapper over it to showcase their music to potential partners.

well obviously.
But i dont think op was making beats to get rappers on them. He probably just wanted to make some rap beats, and as they can be pretty boring without any vocals, he used what is available to him to make it more of a proper tune rather than a 1 minute beat loop.

I can see what you're saying for sure. And what you're saying isnt incorrect at all. But i also think what he's doing is totally harmless. i dont think its in anyway damaging to the artists he used the accappela's of. He didnt cross the dot the i's and cross the t's in the title sure, but as i said before its pretty obvious he isnt mascarading himself or one of his mates as notorious BIG.
i doubt he constructed the beat around an accappela. He probably just made a beat and then whacked a vocal over it to make it a bit more interesting to listen to as a track. I honestly dont see the harm in it.
Je$u$ does the exact same thing really, and no-one has a problem with it. Its clearly a homage to rappers he likes. Sometimes he puts out instumental records, and sometimes he puts out collections of beats with various accappela's - its not like its for monetary gain and it gives nods to the artists he likes, and most people are happy to listen to it and not grumble that its labelled incorrectly, and should be named as a 'bootleg remix' or whatever,
https://soundcloud.com/jesusmpd
Anyway - lets agree to disagree. Like i said, i can see your point of view, its just different from mine : P
Peace